Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Anybody seen this yet? Am going tomorrow night

#2 Guest_Hal_*

Guest_Hal_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Mrs Worthington @ Mar 20 2009, 10:07 PM) View Post
Anybody seen this yet? Am going tomorrow night

Yes. I certainly wont be seeing it again. I don't see how it could even be improved. Some of the actors are clearly novices when it comes to theatre.

#3 Guest_Gordina_*

Guest_Gordina_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

I cannot say how annoyed I am about the review of The Murder Game by Michael Coveny. To my mind, it has been written in a most unprofessional way.

All of the cast are acclaimed and experienced actors on TV, in the theatre and in musicals. No novices around. I've seen the play twice, and the audience had a lot of fun, judging by the shrieks of laughter. This comedy isn't meant to be taken seriously, it is entertaining with witty oneliners, twists and turns.

Gordina

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(Gordina @ Apr 1 2009, 04:46 PM) View Post
I cannot say how annoyed I am about the review of The Murder Game by Michael Coveny. To my mind, it has been written in a most unprofessional way.

All of the cast are acclaimed and experienced actors on TV, in the theatre and in musicals. No novices around. I've seen the play twice, and the audience had a lot of fun, judging by the shrieks of laughter. This comedy isn't meant to be taken seriously, it is entertaining with witty oneliners, twists and turns.

Gordina

Has to be the worst thing i have seen in years,the cast actually looked embarassed at the bows!

#5 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Lines..................When I saw it Josefina Gabrielle acted  professionally throughout.................... Lines
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#6 Guest_Gordina_*

Guest_Gordina_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

This is my review, just in case it won't appear on the main site for reasons of space:

4 stars

This play about a divorcing couple, between whom - literally speaking - a bomb goes off, is full of witty lines, twists and turns and very funny moments, brought to the stage by brilliant comedy actors. Set in New Orleans, the characters' countries of origin are reflected in their various accents. Judging from the laughter coming from the audience, all those negative reviews in some papers seem completely out of line. But isnít everybody a critic these days?

And to those people who think this is the "worst play they have seen in years" and so on and so forth: Go ahead, write your own plays, and if they are good enough to start with they may be accepted for performance onstage. Then let's see how you fare. Anybody thinking up a plot already?

I am not going to change my mind about this play. It was light-hearted with lots of laughs, nothing more and nothing less, and the actors had a lot of fun doing this onstage. I had a great time seeing it.

Gordina

#7 Guest_Joan_*

Guest_Joan_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

I totally agree with Gordina!

I have also seen this hilariously funny play, twice. The cast were brilliant,  some people are clearly novices at judging professional acting when they see it.

This play is meant to be fun, if you want Shakespear I suggest you go to "The Globe."  

The audience on both occasions I was there thoroghly enjoyed every moment. The gales of laughter and rapturous applause were testament to that.

If you want entertainment to be fun, I highly recommend this wonderful play.

#8 Guest_Gordina_*

Guest_Gordina_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

I would like to add that, contrary to some opinions, those video interludes were clevery done to bring America onto a British stage. I thought it was a good idea.

Gordina

#9 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

I think we know where you are coming from Gordina. Perhaps you could see some other plays and post a few more reviews.

#10 gandalf

gandalf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(Lynette @ Apr 13 2009, 11:54 PM) View Post
I think we know where you are coming from Gordina. Perhaps you could see some other plays and post a few more reviews.

To get back to the play............

The dialogue is unconvincing - especially in Act 1. However Act 2 is truly hilarious - I almost injured myself laughing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users