8 replies to this topic

#1 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

New Rocky Horror tour begins in December and as it's virtually on my doorstep again I think I'll have to go.

http://www.whatsonst...m December.html

No David Bedella this time apparently.

#2 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Any word on cast? I loved Djalenga Scott as Velma in Chicago recently, and I know she played Magenta on the last tour, I would like to see her in this!

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Saw this last night in Wimbledon and thought it was fantastic. Probably one of the best casts I've seen perform the show. Oliver Thornton is an awesome Frank. The new set is very well done (way better than those stupid ladders from the last tour!). And the audience was brilliant too. Was great to see Richard O'Brien and find out that he can still sing the time warp too! If you get a chance to see the show, then go. Was the perfect evening for Blue Monday!

#4 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wasnt it a good sized crowd for a monday especially with terrible transport issues going on.

Agree on the set and cast, what fabulous voices, it felt like a good quality tour, not cheap at all.

#5 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostSteve, on 22 January 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Was great to see Richard O'Brien and find out that he can still sing the time warp too!

Richard O'Brien was there?! Was that because it was opening night?

We're going to see it in Wimbledon on Saturday, and can't wait... although I doubt a surgical gown will keep me warm in this weather!!
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#6 bex1210

bex1210

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Saw this in Bristol on Saturday and it was amazing. One of the best casts i've seen. Oliver Thornton plays an amazing Frank and Roxanne Pallet really surprised me as well.

#7 rodney72a

rodney72a

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Saw it last night. Roxanne Pallett was excellent, so was Ben Forster as Brad. Strong cast all around. Fab band too.

#8 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Going to see this 8/2/13 in Aylesbury. My 2nd time seeing it.

However, on 8/2/13, all tickets are either £10 or £20. Does anyone know if there is a reason for this? such as it all being understudies for whatever reason? Just I'm a big Oliver Thornton and Rhydian fan, so I'd like to see them :P
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#9 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

I'm seeing the 5:30 matinee today. I booked tickets be wise I was curious and had never seen it before but I e heard only good things about the production and cast I'm really excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users