So it's looking likely it'll start in Manchester in Spring 2013

#2 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Has it been confirmed it's touring? Very exciting news if it is.

#3 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Well a friend of mine, who worked for live nation, said it would be. And now wos have posted the rumour and a poster on the lion king thread has said it will be. It's looking very likely

#4 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if Rachel opens the Tour. I think she's be a great person to do it .

But then having been Elphaba for so long she may well have had enough of it all .......... But with that comment she made,who knows ?

#5 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Postisabel, on 26 August 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't be suprised if Rachel opens the Tour. I think she's be a great person to do it .

But then having been Elphaba for so long she may well have had enough of it all .......... But with that comment she made,who knows ?

My thoughts exactly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she opens the tour but only does the first few venues, depending on how long it's staying in the one place.

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

It could be like the phantom, Oliver, hairspray tours etc with two or three set different actresses playing the role sharing the venues throughout.

Also wouldnt surprise me if they get a name for Fiyero to help ticket sales, maybe Gareth gates fr example

#7 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

I really hope this goes to Belfast! :)
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour

[DUBLIN]
Chitty, chitty, Bang bang Tour
Hairspray Tour
Lion King Tour

To be seen

[DUBLIN]
Wicked Tour

[LONDON]
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Matilda

#8 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostTitan, on 26 August 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

It could be like the phantom, Oliver, hairspray tours etc with two or three set different actresses playing the role sharing the venues throughout.

Also wouldnt surprise me if they get a name for Fiyero to help ticket sales, maybe Gareth gates fr example

John Owen-Jones and Earl Carpenter are not really sharing venues in Phantom though. John finishes and Earl begins. That's it.

#9 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone who is a bigger name in musical theatre be cast rather than a name known outside of the circle, maybe someone like Ross Hunter or Mark Evans returning to the role?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#10 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostMS1995, on 26 August 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone who is a bigger name in musical theatre be cast rather than a name known outside of the circle, maybe someone like Ross Hunter or Mark Evans returning to the role?

Cannot imagine Ross as Fiyero atall !! Anyway he's starting ROA soon. Wonder who'll they'll have as Glinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users