#101 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostGasAttacK, on 05 November 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Can somebody please sum up this thread for me?

I see the official Wicked twitter has confirmed the tour.

Has the cast been announced yet?

To sum up the thread...

"I've heard it's touring" "Who from?" "Friend of a friend"  "Who's in the cast?" "Don't know, but I'd know who I'd like" "Where?" "All the houses big enough" "When?" "Next year sometime, then onwards"

(No offense meant to any posters in this thread)

And that's the 10 pages

#102 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

ATG taking the p again with premium seating, they even have side stalls at that rate.

#103 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

ATG don't pick the seats for what are premium seats - they are decided by the producer.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#104 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Fair enough, but then I don't understand why places like the Leeds Grand don't do premium seats.

I see the current Oliver! tour is there at the moment and no premium seats are available, while later at Bristol they are available.

#105 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

i think part of it comes down to area, manchester has a huge market and people will pay it. also is it an atg venue? i have noticed on a few tours the independents dont do premium but atg venues have done

#106 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Brilliant news! Production will likely be heavily scaled-down like the 2nd National Tour in the US, but who cares!

I wonder which set they're going to use? Build from scratch, or maybe they'll import the Australian/Asian touring set.

Exciting.

#107 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

why would it be heavily scaled down? if its doing a number 1 venue tour like the lion king is it should be like the first us tour. when further venues are announced that will give an idea as to the scale

#108 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Can't imagine it being scaled down, it'll probably be similar to the first US National tour set but it'll look bigger in comparison to London as the Apollo Victoria has a smaller stage compared to the Palace in Manchester.

#109 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have heard it will be similar to the US 1st tour - the only thing missing being the clockwork dragon - which less face it, in the musical is rather superfluous.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#110 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

The dragon is a prop that doesn't really add much to the show as it's only used at the beginning, most people won't notice it. I think both the National tours include the dragon so it could possibly be part of the set of the tour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users