651 replies to this topic

#121 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

It's not that impossible really - it won't start rehearsals til August, she wouldn't be the first person to take a child on a tour and she already knows the part so they could even work it so she didn't need to do the full rehearsal time.  And there's nothing to say that one person has to play Elphaba the whole tour, so they could even get her to open it and just do Manchester.

Having said that though, I don't think she will.  Just pointing out that those asking aren't actually completely insane...

#122 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

It's a step back though. Why play a role on your on e you've played it on the west end stage?

#123 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 06 November 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

It's a step back though. Why play a role on your on e you've played it on the west end stage?

Well she'd be advertised as a West End star and have the honour of opening the tour.  She wouldn't be the first to do it, so clearly not everyone sees it as a step back - look at John Owen Jones and Earl Carpenter on both the Phantom and Les Mis tours. And there are also plenty of instances on US tours of major shows.

I'm not arguing that she will, I highly doubt it, but I'm trying to say it's not as impossible as people on here seem to think.

#124 Anthony87

Anthony87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

With regard to 'premium seating' Ambassador venues do have a say in them.

#125 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postposter J, on 06 November 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

It's not that impossible really - it won't start rehearsals til August, she wouldn't be the first person to take a child on a tour and she already knows the part so they could even work it so she didn't need to do the full rehearsal time.  And there's nothing to say that one person has to play Elphaba the whole tour, so they could even get her to open it and just do Manchester.

Having said that though, I don't think she will.  Just pointing out that those asking aren't actually completely insane...

It'd be a suitable reason to get the standby fully rehearsed during the normal rehearsal period, if she was cast and didn't do the whole rehearsal process. Time shall tell, arguably she's the biggest name (to general public) to have played the role in the UK, so there are many positive reasons why she could be tempted to do the tour (whether or not there is a baby on the way).

#126 Shady23

Shady23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

View Postmunchkinmania, on 05 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Probably reading too much into this but interesting that it starts just after London cast change next year.
More likely to do with scheduling or Im sure I read that the asia tour finishes in the early part of next year so a set will be available.

What date is Cast Change?

Really looking forward to seeing where else the show will be going to, will be very strange seeing it away from the Apollo Victoria though! Such a lovely theatre.

#127 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Using the usual formula (i.e. around 48 performance weeks) we're looking at the end of September. That's not to say people don't dip out early sometimes though (not suggesting anything, just saying it has been known).

#128 Becky La Rou

Becky La Rou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Wine and theatre and show tunes and..oh yes..wine!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Popular....it's gonna be POP-UU-Laaaar!
One Singular Sensation....! :wub:

#129 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

I had a dream last night that Susie Blake came back for the tour. Wasn't my favourite Morrible but still weirdly likely. :P
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour