stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostFireFingers, on 05 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

To sum up the thread...

"I've heard it's touring" "Who from?" "Friend of a friend"  "Who's in the cast?" "Don't know, but I'd know who I'd like" "Where?" "All the houses big enough" "When?" "Next year sometime, then onwards"

(No offense meant to any posters in this thread)

And that's the 10 pages

Hehe. Like it

#132 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostTitan, on 10 November 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Morrible and Fiyero end up being 'names'

They often are in the West End in one way or another, so it wouldn't surprise me either.

#133 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

The prices for Wicked tour are absolutely shocking and a complete rip off since all of the seats in the stalls are premium, it's more expensive than the west end. I'm not spending £75 quid to see a possibly down scaled tour while I can get any seat in the stalls in the west end for £25.75, much cheaper than tours! So wrong to have all seats premium......

#134 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostPriscillaCraze, on 10 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

The prices for Wicked tour are absolutely shocking and a complete rip off since all of the seats in the stalls are premium, it's more expensive than the west end. I'm not spending £75 quid to see a possibly down scaled tour while I can get any seat in the stalls in the west end for £25.75, much cheaper than tours! So wrong to have all seats premium......

Where did you get £75 from? The website says the top price is £52.50...
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#135 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Top price is £55, that's what I paid. That gets you a seat in row K in the stalls. The vast majority of the good stall seats are 'premium' at £75, there are over 200 at this price. Is there anywhere in the west end that sells that many premium seats, I thought it was supposed to be 20-40 seats.

Note there are no premium seats in the circle, but everyone knows that the circle at the Palace is awful.

#136 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Had a brief look but cant seem to find the site. Anyone have a link handy?

#137 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postposter J, on 06 November 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Well she'd be advertised as a West End star and have the honour of opening the tour.  She wouldn't be the first to do it, so clearly not everyone sees it as a step back - look at John Owen Jones and Earl Carpenter on both the Phantom and Les Mis tours. And there are also plenty of instances on US tours of major shows.

I'm not arguing that she will, I highly doubt it, but I'm trying to say it's not as impossible as people on here seem to think.

Indeed several of the really  big tours recently (WWRY, Les Mis, Phantom) have all gone out with experienced leads from their WE shows. Those all took people out of their then current WE casts. In some cases you could  argue that the top talent was split between the 2 shows,  or the tour ended up with the stronger leads. If anyone very successful in the WE wanted to go out on a Wicked tour it wouldn't be unusual. The other side of the equation is that there's looking an acute shortage of top female roles in the WE at the moment with Legally, Ghost, Chicago, Blood Brothers, LND, Wizard of Oz and Grease all gone, Viva Forever going for newcomers,   and male dominated shows, dancing shows, kids shows starring kids, male jukebox shows. and shows starring  itinerant americans. taking their place.  That looks a criminal misuse of the  available talent , but it does mean there may be more top people avaliable for tours who could do well in Wicked even if they haven't played d the roles before.  I can't see Wicked  going out without  a top star as Elphaba, and it doesn't lend itself to anyone but the strongest singers, and they may have a good choice available -including people who have played her before, people who haven't and people who are leading in something else on tour now.

#138 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Having seen sabrina in Rent recently it's hard to imagine her NOT playing elphaba at some stage! Shes perrrrrrfect 😍

#139 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostCaityGlinda, on 10 November 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Where did you get £75 from? The website says the top price is £52.50...

Most of the seats in the stalls are premium are £75 quid, and side seats are £52.50, insane prices!! i think we know that Wicked in West End will always be best, I can't see the tour beating it!

#140 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 11 November 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

Having seen sabrina in Rent recently it's hard to imagine her NOT playing elphaba at some stage! Shes perrrrrrfect ��

I've been saying that for years!

As for the ticket prices, if the rake in the stalls at the Palace is anything like the AV, row K is a better seat than row C or D.  Side stalls aren't bad either even in the AV.  And as for the number of premium seats, the Lion King has much of the stalls and royal circle as premium, so it's not unprecedented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users