654 replies to this topic

#141 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I would love to see Amanda Coutts as either Elphaba or Glinda ( her comic timing would be a treat ! )

#142 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I know this has already been discussed but still can't believe the amount of premium seats allocated for Manchester. Rows A-J in the stalls is just unbelievable. I think I'll definitely be booking the Circle.

#143 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yes, premium seats have spread from the WE to the regions like cancer. More and more of the stalls and dress circle are now "premium seats" at my local ATG theatre. It is a price increase by the back door. Increasingly normal top price tickets only get you side and back stalls and rear dress circle!

#144 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

It is definately more an ATG thing than the independent/chairty run venues.

#145 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Agreed Titan.

#146 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

I will say this again - no show is required when going into an ATG venue to have premium seats...These seats are decided to be in place by the producer of the show, it happens that ATG have a lot of touring productions of their own, but Wicked seats have been chosen by the producer, who clearly feels their is a demand for these seats and people will pay for them...Supply and demand one of the basic and fundamental rules of business...only way to stop is is by not buying tickets!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#147 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

And they know full well if they don't sell they can release them on the day at a lower rate and tempt people in anyway - so they may as well try to earn a bit more dosh in the first instance (if nothing else, it makes people think they are getting a deal as it's a bigger % discount).

#148 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

that maybe so but shows in the big atg venues do charge more than same show in the other big non atg venues

#149 aimeeleslee

aimeeleslee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostMusicals1248, on 28 August 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

They won't need a 'name' to sell tickets on tour anyway apart from maybe Fiyero like someone suggested.

I would much rather see a 'name' going to someone like the Wizard or Madame Morrible or even Nessa, purely because Fiyero has a large singing part and I wouldn't want it ruined by bad acting or a poor vocal! The leads (Elphaba, Glinda and Fiyero) don't need to be names, it's a big show and people who aren't into theatre still know about it so would probably see it if it was nearby.

#150 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postaimeeleslee, on 22 November 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

I would much rather see a 'name' going to someone like the Wizard or Madame Morrible or even Nessa, purely because Fiyero has a large singing part and I wouldn't want it ruined by bad acting or a poor vocal! The leads (Elphaba, Glinda and Fiyero) don't need to be names, it's a big show and people who aren't into theatre still know about it so would probably see it if it was nearby.

Yes, as Fiyero has never been ruined by bad acting or a poor vocal in London, has it? :P

Morrible is the obvious one, you can cut the singing from that role and still make it work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users