654 replies to this topic

#171 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Personally I'd want someone new. No one will go to WICKED because Kerry Ellis is back in it. They would go and see it because its WICKED.

#172 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Kerry, but if a former Elphaba did do the tour I'd prefer it to be Rachel. Either that or (as unlikely as it is) Willemijn Verkaik, or someone totally new.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#173 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Personally I'd want someone new. No one will go to WICKED because Kerry Ellis is back in it. They would go and see it because its WICKED.

A lot of her die hard fans from back in the day would. I probably would. Even thought I'd prefer it to be someone new, I did really enjoy her Elphaba and she was my first, regardless of the fact I prefer Rachel. But you're right in that these people wouldn't fill the theatres and that most of the audience will just want to see Wicked.

#174 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Not being funny but isn't elphaba supposed to be at school. How old is Kerry? They would have to get an older fiyero and glinda too then

#175 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

It's Oz, who knows what age people go to school. Though she has to be older than Nessa, as she only goes to help her.

#176 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

In the novel she's about 17 or 18 when she starts at school, and she's around 38 at the end, so I don't think the age of the actress is hugely important as long as she can play the part well. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#177 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Well if it is Kerry taking over that's a very long time in advance. We will all find out at 9am.. Although i doubt she's announcing getting elphaba tour 2013 at 9am on a Friday in 2012!

#178 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Turns out Kerry's big announcement was just a one off show at the Palladium

#179 Dorothy

Dorothy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Postharveyjnr, on 30 November 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Not being funny but isn't elphaba supposed to be at school. How old is Kerry? They would have to get an older fiyero and glinda too then
Around 30. Like Rachel, Louise and pretty much every other lead Elphaba. The kind of age Idina Menzel was when she debuted the show on Broadway, and Stephanie J. Block, Ana Gasteyer and Julia Murney were when they were were doing workshops for the show.

#180 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostDorothy, on 02 December 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Around 30. Like Rachel, Louise and pretty much every other lead Elphaba. The kind of age Idina Menzel was when she debuted the show on Broadway, and Stephanie J. Block, Ana Gasteyer and Julia Murney were when they were were doing workshops for the show.

Yep. And Willemijn Verkaik, who's currently playing Elphaba in Holland is about 37 I think. It doesn't really make any difference to her performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users