654 replies to this topic

#201 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Seems the Dublin dates that were on ticketmaster.ie are gone. At the Bord Gais Energy Theatre (Grand Canal Theatre as was)

For info it was 27/11/13 - 18/1/14
Tickets on sale 25/01/13

This might have changed or shouldnt have been published yet. It was on a few hours ago when I last looked.

#202 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I think with regards to picking names they can sell, in a way it isn't a massive issue...it all comes down how well the tour is selling.  If it sells incredibly well in advance, there may not be a need to cast the biggest name they can as either of the lead ladies (if the producers' first choice also happens to be the biggest name, obviously I would never say not to go for them) however I don't see it as an issue having someone 'unknown' to the general public in any lead role.  With strong advance sales, the tour will do just fine, even chuck in a 'name' as one of the smaller lead parts if necessary.

Just my two pennies worth :)

#203 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postharveyjnr, on 09 January 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Do you think Sam barks is vocally string enough to sing the role? And eight times a week? Her profile may be big but it's just for les Mis, and eponine is not a big sing? I'd want someone with a raw exciting voice instead of classical Musical theatre legit. Even in Oliver she's very musical theatre.

She hasn't done anything with that many big songs,  but from Les Mis the film I should think she could now act it. There's  a recent youtube of her singing part of somebody to love and she sounds as if she could sing Elphaba  to effect too.

On the other hand,  there's a lot of very strong recent Scaramouche's who could also sing it brilliantly and have been doing it 7 or 8 shows a week.  I   would pay more than once for Sabrina, Amanda or Lauren.

Just so long as they don't follow the bizarre recent trend of unnecessarily  flying in people from the US, Australia  or Europe to sing roles that domestic actors could play as well or better. .

#204 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Confirmed now for Bord Gais theatre Dublin, 27 Nov 2013 - 18 Jan 2014

#205 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Lauren wont do wicked as shes in the WWRY world tour...I very much doubt they will go for names with wicked, I think it will sell like Lion King and have no problems packing them in!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#206 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Wicked isn't on par with The Lion King in terms of name and brand recognition.

I doubt the two leads will be names, but Fiyero, Morrible or the Wizard wouldn't surprise me, someone who they can put out on the chat show/daytime tv circuit as a bit of promotion.

#207 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I honestly think Nikki David jones is the unsurprising takeover! If not her, i wouldn't be surprised with samantha barks. Although, after doing a movie, I'd expect her agent to push for more film/TV! Haha.
Do you think Louise will stay on another year? Every elphaba goes through a tough few months at the start of their contracts right?

#208 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sam Bark's agent is primarily a Musical Theatre agent, and I am sure Sam will push for more MT work - wouldn't surprise me if she does the transatlantic leap though
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#209 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I wonder if Sam would do another national tour after doing Oliver! I would have thought West End and Broadway roles would be more likely.

#210 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 12 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Sam Bark's agent is primarily a Musical Theatre agent, and I am sure Sam will push for more MT work - wouldn't surprise me if she does the transatlantic leap though

It would make sense for her to get an American agent as well at this point if she really is planning on combining film and theatre.  She's rumoured for Walking on Sunshine, the new musical film Kylie's starring in that's supposed to be out next year which has an 80s soundtrack.  She wouldn't have to do all the Wicked tour anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised if they ended up doing what Oliver's done with the role of Fagin (and what the Spamalot tour did all the time) and have different principals at different venues, each doing a few venues then going off to do something else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users