#211 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostJon, on 12 January 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

I wonder if Sam would do another national tour after doing Oliver! I would have thought West End and Broadway roles would be more likely.

Now's the time she should have little problem landing West End/Broadway roles, she shouldn't have to go on tour (I know it's not second rate in terms of production values however it has that perception). Would be amazed if she was in this tour.

#212 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostDanielWhit, on 13 January 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

Now's the time she should have little problem landing West End/Broadway roles, she shouldn't have to go on tour (I know it's not second rate in terms of production values however it has that perception). Would be amazed if she was in this tour.

Nothing wrong with going on tour especially one as big as Oliver! but I would think with the success of Les Mis the film, she can be more picky with roles. I think Sam would be great as Katherine in Newsies either on Broadway or if/when it comes to London.

#213 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

There still loads of seats for Manchester run, it's obvious it's not selling well because the prices of seats are too high!! I rather see this in the west end where you would get more for your money but £75 is a bit much to ask?

#214 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostPriscillaCraze, on 13 January 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

There still loads of seats for Manchester run, it's obvious it's not selling well because the prices of seats are too high!! I rather see this in the west end where you would get more for your money but £75 is a bit much to ask?

It might not have anything to do with the prices being high - Lion King charges as much and sells just fine on the back of its name.  Wicked, while being a well-known show to people who have even a little interest in musical theatre, isn't a show that's in the public consciousness like Les Mis or Phantom.  I still think it needs a couple of names/people who can be marketed as 'West End/Broadway/movie star' to sell this, and it hasn't been hugely publicised yet.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's waiting until a cast announcement before deciding whether to buy tickets or not!

#215 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

it also doesnt open for months. But yes i think wickeds fans over estimate its wider popularity

#216 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostTitan, on 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

it also doesnt open for months. But yes i think wickeds fans over estimate its wider popularity

You think? Ha.

Yes, the show does not open for 8 months. Casting will be the only decider whether I see the tour or not.

#217 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Just got my tickets for Dublin. Cannot wait! :)

Looking forward to casting announcements. :D
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour

[DUBLIN]
Chitty, chitty, Bang bang Tour
Hairspray Tour
Lion King Tour

To be seen

[DUBLIN]
Wicked Tour

[LONDON]
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Matilda

#218 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

When is casting announced ?

#219 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

well rehearsals wont start until July/August so unless they want to name the two leads early on like Phantom and Les Mis did for pr point of view it might not be until late spring. all depends how they are casting it and whether they know who they will get to lead it, or it they will just audition in the usual way

#220 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Just announced today, the tour will play Milton Keynes Theatre from 4th Feb - 8th March 2014.  Tickets go on sale 10am 6th March 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users