#251 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postisabel, on 17 February 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Surely the producers won't be stupid enough to cast Kimberley.

I hope not but I have been baffled by producers choices in the past!

#252 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostMallow, on 17 February 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

I hope not but I have been baffled by producers choices in the past!

When will the cast be announced anyway ?

#253 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

She's moving in Wicked circles... Duet with Louise Derman on Kimbereys new SHOWTUNES album!, yikes!

http://www.westendfr...end-return.html

#254 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostBurlyBeaR, on 17 February 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

She's moving in Wicked circles... Duet with Louise Derman on Kimbereys new SHOWTUNES album!, yikes!

http://www.westendfr...end-return.html

This.is.very.worrying.

#255 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postisabel, on 17 February 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Surely the producers won't be stupid enough to cast Kimberley.
I'd be very surprised if they did. The producers of Wicked seem pretty clued up when it comes to choosing the two main ladies.

#256 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell Kimberley is suited for Elphaba. And there's so much talent out there in theatreland as it is!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#257 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Kimberley is just promoting her album at the minute. But she has said in recent Tv interviews that she wants to get back into theatre. Most touring shows have trained theatre people as leads or new talent and the supporting roles are names e.g. sister act, legally blonde, hairspray etc. Think this will be the case here. If they dont cast Elphie or Glinda right then it wont work. Touring shows do rely on word of mouth alot.

It seems they have started the publicity in Manchester. Been told lots of posters and bus ads about. Interestingly one of them said they have already sold 50000 tickets already. So that`s about a third of the total.Considering there has been no publicity until now, no cast details and its 7 months away it seems to be selling.

#258 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

kimberley could possibly pull off kathy in sitr or the lead in top hat. she was ok in shrek but is not suited to a big belting role. but it does make me laugh because she sang the song on a show to promote her album people go into meltdown thinking she would do the stage show. its like when a celeb goes to see a show people assume they might be taking over.

marti pellow has also recorded a musical theatre album and includes songs from love never dies.

#259 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Sam Barks was in watching wicked the other week so you can obviously guess what rumours started there.

#260 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

View Postmunchkinmania, on 17 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Sam Barks was in watching wicked the other week so you can obviously guess what rumours started there.

She was so bad in the Oliver tour I left at the interval. The idiot from Bob The Builder was a major contributory factor too (I've blanked his name).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users