651 replies to this topic

#261 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

no i think sam barks would be great as elphaba. i think kimberley would spark a revolution in theatre fans everywhere.. it'll be the final straw i reckon wen it comes to stunt casting. and i'd like to see how our face west end tweeters react publicly to that. its always funny seeing how they all try and stay pro on twitter but sometimes one or two always blow!! ha

#262 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Postmunchkinmania, on 17 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Sam Barks was in watching wicked the other week so you can obviously guess what rumours started there.

Wouldn't object at all if those rumours were true, plenty of people (myself included) have been putting her name in the frame since the tour was announced.

Much more likely that she was just in watching friends though, and considering she's going to sing at the Oscars she'll probably have other projects being offered to her in the not too distant future off the back of Les Mis anyway...

#263 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm probably the one person who thinks Samantha Barks would be more suitable for Elphaba in a few more years time... singing Eponine is nothing like singing Elphaba.

But as long as there's no stupid stunt casting, it's all good.
Seen (theatre): Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 19), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#264 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Sam could certainly wait a few years, if need be, but I think she could take on the role now. It will be interesting to see how Sam's career plays out after Les Mis film.

#265 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

the public on twitter have spoken, its sabrina alouche as favourite with nikki-DJ and ashliegh grey for elphaba tour! i'd be happy with anyyy of those choices!

#266 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 18 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

the public on twitter have spoken, its sabrina alouche as favourite with nikki-DJ and ashliegh grey for elphaba tour! i'd be happy with anyyy of those choices!

Yep i want Sabrina as Elphaba :) She could do the tour then take over in London :) Perfect

#267 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

id be surprised if whoever did the tour would take over in london after a year or two on the road. unless they dont do the whole tour

#268 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'd love to see Nikki on the tour! :D
Seen (theatre): Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 19), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#269 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 18 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

You mean the Wicked fans on twitter have spoken - the general public would have no idea who any of those ladies are.  If the producers want to cast Elphaba as someone who's going to bring in money through their name, then none of those have a hope.  All depends on how they decide to cast it.

#270 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

sorry for breathing... <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users