#271 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Postisabel, on 18 February 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yep i want Sabrina as Elphaba :) She could do the tour then take over in London :) Perfect

Seconded :)

#272 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

View Postharveyjnr, on 18 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

the public on twitter have spoken, its sabrina alouche as favourite with nikki-DJ and ashliegh grey for elphaba tour! i'd be happy with anyyy of those choices!

They have? I've not seen anything.. this is someone's poll they've linked to on twitter I guess?

#273 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

It was announced today that will be playing a limited 9 week season at Birmingham Hippodrome, Wednesday 9th July 2014 - Saturday 6th September 2014.
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#274 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Any idea when the cast will be announced ?

#275 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

It's strange they're announcing the 2014 dates already rather than doing it slowly like The Lion King which only announced the first two dates before revealing the later dates.

#276 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Its better to be honest, although even better would be the full tour

#277 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostTitan, on 01 March 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Its better to be honest, although even better would be the full tour

I imagine Autumn and Christmas 2014 dates haven't been decided yet and they probably won't announce it until later in the year or early next year,

#278 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

True although War Horse and Dirty Dancing have done it. Its been planning venues for a couple of years so I suspect they know more less what is where and when

#279 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostTitan, on 01 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

True although War Horse and Dirty Dancing have done it. Its been planning venues for a couple of years so I suspect they know more less what is where and when

I suppose its beneficial to theatre owners as they can plan their seasons around it.

#280 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I would imagine that the dates for the entire tour will be all-but confirmed, definitely in the major venues at least.  I know for the theatre that I work at, before Christmas we were told all of the shows that are booked to be visiting us, right up until Summer 2015!  It's going to be a great few years for regional theatre that's for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users