651 replies to this topic

#341 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Let me throw in another name: I'd absolutely love seeing Natalie Andreou's take on Elphaba. I think she has proven herself more than a reliable lead in the last 18 months after taking over as full time Sherrie in RoA early in previews and her vocals are more than perfect every time I see her.

Oh, and perhaps also Rachel John, who's No one but you gave me goosebumps last saturday in WWRY (which is actually kinda hard...).

I also wouldn't know who to choose as Glinda.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#342 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Ohh i love Rachel John's voice, i'm sure she auditioned for Elphaba for the most recent CC

#343 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 23 March 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

My god everyone in this thread is hysterical !!

It's just that this show with 35 pages on this touring thread and 647 pages currently on the WE production thread prompts more casting speculation and opionion than any other show including Les Mis and Phantom which currently are not even on the first page of the musicals thread. It does amuse me that so many seem to be uniquely passionate about this show above all other.

I have enjoyed the show when I have seen it, by the way, before the pack of wicked fans descend to tear my carcass apart. But it does amuse me that this show attracts the kind of casting speculation it does. I am sure the producers will do a superb job of casting and technical production as they have in the past to ensure the continued success of the brand.

#344 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

well you're a tad superiour are you not. i dont think im wrong in saying that its tanks to such a loyal fanbase that wicked is still going.

#345 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

That spelling is awful..

I didn't mean hysterical in a negative way... In a funny way. The endless speculation about casting made me laugh that's all.

#346 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

it's not speculation. it's who people would LIKE to see in the show. BIG difference.

#347 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 23 March 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Oh, and perhaps also Rachel John, who's No one but you gave me goosebumps last saturday in WWRY (which is actually kinda hard...).

Ahh yes, I second that, she has a beautiful voice.  She's a brilliant Meat but it's surely soon going to be time for her to move on from WWRY, she's been there nearly 3 years now I think...

View PostMrBarnaby, on 23 March 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I didn't mean hysterical in a negative way... In a funny way. The endless speculation about casting made me laugh that's all.

What's the point of a forum if you can't talk about casting etc?   No-one's forcing you to contribute, or even read the thread, so how about you trying leaving those of us who wish to discuss such matters alone, and find something you actually want to talk about rather than just quite pathetically belittling others, which laughing at something in that way is...

#348 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

I would disagree with harveyjnr a bit. Wicked may have loads of v loyal fans, but many of them only buy day seats or cheapest seats...and those dont keep shows running

#349 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Rachel John would be a vocally incredible Elphaba.

#350 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

I don't see a problem with discussing who we'd like to see in various parts. I thought that was a part of a discussion board -- to have a discussion.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users