652 replies to this topic

#351 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

I don't remember saying you couldn't play casting agent ...

#352 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi guys,

Heard a rumour at the show last night. Apparently Carmen Cusack has been cast as Elphaba for the UK and Ireland tour - she was allegedly very close to getting cast in June '08 when Kerry left for Broadway, and started her theatre career on the UK tour circuit in the late nineties/early noughties.

To clarify, this is just a rumour I heard from a reputable source involved with the production of Wicked. Make of it what you will!

EDIT: I also have it on good authority that this will be announced on Friday.

#353 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I was really hoping they'd cast someone fresh and new who hasn't played Elphaba yet - there is so much talent out there in the West End.

But perhaps they decided that they want to advertise this with a renowned Broadway star.

But let's see what Friday brings.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#354 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Listening to Audios (which I know never tell the whole story but they are all I have to go on) I am a little disappointed with this! I mean I am sure she will be great if she is playing it, but as far as I can tell she isn't anything special! And I'm sure there are numerous performers out there who could do it just as well if they were given an opportunity, so if she is cast, I hope to see someone new going into the role in London so we get some fresh new Elphaba to hear!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#355 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostMS1995, on 09 April 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Listening to Audios (which I know never tell the whole story but they are all I have to go on) I am a little disappointed with this! I mean I am sure she will be great if she is playing it, but as far as I can tell she isn't anything special! And I'm sure there are numerous performers out there who could do it just as well if they were given an opportunity, so if she is cast, I hope to see someone new going into the role in London so we get some fresh new Elphaba to hear!

I was going to post exactly the same. Of course listening to some audios is nothing compared to seeing a show live, I wasn't so keen on Louise as Elphaba until I actually saw her, but like you said - she's, talented of course, but nothing special.

Anyway, it's just a rumour.

#356 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Lots of decoy names seem to be put about before announcements as last summer certainly proved.  Louise was probably way down the list for London if probably unexpected.  

If it is true she has played it in Chicago, US tour and Melbourne and played Christine POTO, Fantine Les Mis.  Can definitely see "names" now for the supporting roles. Well its no different from the way it is in West end with US actors taking lead roles in certain productions.

Maybe  they will go for someone new in London. Just have to wait until there is something official said.

#357 musicalgeek

musicalgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Personally, I'd love them to go for someone new in London and then have some old Elphabas and Glindas share the roles.

Would Love to see Nikki Davis-Jones, Ashleigh Gray, Sarah Earnshaw, Kerry Ellis, Louise Deaman (could you imagine if she played Elphaba and Glinda in different locations?!) and other ones come back and do a few venues.

I realise this is a bit far feached but I'd love it!

#358 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

I am hoping that Nikki Davis-Jones will get into the tour. I love the sound of her voice! Carmen has clearly proven herself worthy but I just don't like her voice as much as other Elphaba's I have heard. :unsure:
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour

[DUBLIN]
Chitty, chitty, Bang bang Tour
Hairspray Tour
Lion King Tour

To be seen

[DUBLIN]
Wicked Tour

[LONDON]
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Matilda

#359 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'M A FAN OF NIKKI DJ TOO! would be happy with her taking the role!

#360 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thoughts on fiyero? richard fleeshman maybe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users