Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yes me too !!

#402 tommy123

tommy123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

i thought natalie was okay in 9 to 5 - remember the context of the musical, it was a dolly parton musical, the acting wasn't the most important part! as much as 'two pints' has a hatred label (from me as well) the first few series were great and natalie was very good in that both comedy and serious.

re. sheridan - while it's important that she can sing the role, would producers worry about this or just worry about the name for the role? amanda holden and shrek is all i shall say!

#403 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

View Posttommy123, on 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

i thought natalie was okay in 9 to 5 - remember the context of the musical, it was a dolly parton musical, the acting wasn't the most important part! as much as 'two pints' has a hatred label (from me as well) the first few series were great and natalie was very good in that both comedy and serious.

re. sheridan - while it's important that she can sing the role, would producers worry about this or just worry about the name for the role? amanda holden and shrek is all i shall say!

You won't get Sheridan for any tour. She's moving from a film to Shakespeare in  St Martin's Lane this year, via several more TV shows and her star is still rising  Natalie can sing her song in 9-5 well and was one of the people who could really  sing Ireland well in Legally. Not sure Elphaba is her type of role - might be interestingly different..

However if you look at 9-5 you don't have to look far down the cast list to see a possibly great future Glinda, who sounded beautiful as Elle and Lisl, does comedy really well, and I imgine would have no problem singing it........??

The question, more for Elphaba, may be  whether they will want to go for  a TV character regerdless, whether they will go with someone tried in the role , whether they  will go with some  of the really good top  singers in the usual age range , or whether they  might go for someone younger than most -   given there's some young Scaramouche's and Christine's around at the moment who could probably nail the acting and the vocals.

#404 enjoytheatre

enjoytheatre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

I am assuming you are referring to Miss L S. by all accounts she sang sounded really well at final wicked auditions this week. I agree looks the part and got the voice.

#405 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Miss L S.
Who?

#406 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

I assume it means Lauren Samuels

#407 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 18 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

I assume it means Lauren Samuels

Well the poster in question (djp) was talking about the 9-5 cast, so if it is the person with initials L.S. they were talking about, it'd be Lauren Stroud, not Lauren Samuels.  And I think djp was talking about Glindas, not Elphabas, and Lauren Samuels is more of an Elphaba I think.

Not sure why djp didn't just name Lauren Stroud in the first place though...

#408 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Amy Lennox.

#409 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Oh i thought the poster meant Lauren Samuels

#410 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

It was Amy Lennox and Lauren Samuels they seem to be talking about.  If auditions were this week there should be an announcement of the tour cast at least in the next month or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users