654 replies to this topic

#41 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

But Rachel is basically unknown as well...

#42 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

They won't need a 'name' to sell tickets on tour anyway apart from maybe Fiyero like someone suggested. I'm sure there's a lot of people who would like to see the show but just haven't made the effort to get to London yet if they live far away. They could use Rachel's name quite well I think off the back of 2 1/2 years in London.

#43 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

She'd probably be the best known to the general public as that girl from the ALW reality series. I would say out of all the London Elphabas, Rachel would be the best recognised. Moreso than Kerry I think.

#44 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Yes Rachel is unknown to the general public, but is the best known out of the London Elphabas and the publics memory can be jogged by the reality show angle. It will do well on tour but I still think a name for Fiyero would help them, especially if they are planning long stays. It isn't as widely known or loved as les mis, phantom, the lion king etc

#45 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

And the general publics memory of Kerry will probably only be a few spots advertising her album a few years ago, and the episode of The Voice, when she just kept saying 'why didn't you turn around'

Rachel went far enough in I'd Do Anything to be remembered by the public.

And with most tours, I think Fiyero will be either a previous understudy, or talent show hopeful...I think Niall Sheehy could be in the running.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#46 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Why would they need a name for Fiyero if they don't for Elphaba or Glinda??

I'd agree that Rachel is the best known of the London Elphabas, not necessarily because of Wicked (though she's performed on TV quite a lot over the past few years), but because they can use the former reality TV show contestant angle.  Add to that the fact that she's got so much experience of the role, and there are plenty of reasons why it would make sense to ask her to open the tour.

#47 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Because its an easy part to stunt cast, elphaba and glinda are not. Fiyero isn't a big sing or an especially tough acting role. It is a handsome pretty boy role, ideal to attract the female market, which would be wickeds core audience.

#48 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

I would agree that they probably do need some pretty boy actor to stunt cast Fiyero, someone who they can also use to do the tv publicity appearances. The role doesn't require a very good singer, just some eye candy.

#49 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostABowlerHat, on 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

But Rachel is basically unknown as well...

She can still easily enough be bigged up as "from I'd Do Anything".

#50 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postwickedlover, on 28 August 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

And with most tours, I think Fiyero will be either a previous understudy, or talent show hopeful...I think Niall Sheehy could be in the running.

That could work, but I guess it depends how serious ALW was about him being a good potential Raoul etc and whether he could be slipped into the POTO cast next Autumn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users