#411 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

munchkinmania, on 18 May 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

It was Amy Lennox and Lauren Samuels they seem to be talking about.  If auditions were this week there should be an announcement of the tour cast at least in the next month or so.

But Lauren Samuels is abroad in WWRY ?

#412 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

isabel, on 18 May 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

But Lauren Samuels is abroad in WWRY ?

She's not performing 7 nights a week though, could easily have flown back to audition.

#413 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

poster J, on 18 May 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Well the poster in question (djp) was talking about the 9-5 cast, so if it is the person with initials L.S. they were talking about, it'd be Lauren Stroud, not Lauren Samuels.  And I think djp was talking about Glindas, not Elphabas, and Lauren Samuels is more of an Elphaba I think.

Not sure why djp didn't just name Lauren Stroud in the first place though...

Amy Lennox was my personal ,  Jestend Tuckman like,   moment of inspiration for my own Wicked cast......No idea at all who they are actually  looking at.

If they ever do go young for one of Glinda/Elphaba pairing though, it might be necessary to go that way with the other one too? Or they might look a bit odd.?

#414 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

djp, on 18 May 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Amy Lennox was my personal ,  Jestend Tuckman like,   moment of inspiration for my own Wicked cast......No idea at all who they are actually  looking at.

If they ever do go young for one of Glinda/Elphaba pairing though, it might be necessary to go that way with the other one too? Or they might look a bit odd.?

Ah ok, sorry, wasn't at all clear from your post who you were talking about.

Depends how young people look really - some people in their 30s might be fortunate enough to look like they're still in their 20s, so an older Elphaba could work with a younger Glinda and vice-versa.

#415 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

poster J, on 18 May 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ah ok, sorry, wasn't at all clear from your post who you were talking about.

Depends how young people look really - some people in their 30s might be fortunate enough to look like they're still in their 20s, so an older Elphaba could work with a younger Glinda and vice-versa.

Indeed some people in the 25-30 bracket,  can still look 15 on stage if they want to - others not.

Actually I would be happy to see 4 at least of the people mentioned as Elphaba - happy actually to see them in anything . It just struck me that  this time there may be   an option to actually use people who are and look more like the  age of the  characters,  which is unusual given the difficulty of singing the roles.  I can also see  strong arguments though for some of the other people mentioned, who might be different in other ways,, or just basically stunning anyway. Glinda is if anything more intriguing to see who they can come up with who can sing it,match their Elphaba,  fit the bubble,  do comedy, and hit the emotions .

#416 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Tour cast is announced

http://www.whatsonst...d=homepage_news

#417 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was looking at tickets in Manchester Palace theatre. Some tickets in the rear stalls and circle state you will miss one scene. Think they are taking about DG or could be Monkeys in the wizard scene because of the overhang.This is a shame as it is the highlight of the show. It will obviously be a problem in older venues like Manchester Leeds and Glasgow but not as much in the like of Cardiff and  Dublin which are more recent. The older theatres like Manchester have 3 tiers so twice the problem.

Also does anyone know if they have a trap door on the US tours. This is another part of the show which maybe missing. Of course this is a key part of NGD. There has been quite a few newspaper interviews this week with Wicked stating sets will have to fit the theatre as in any touring show. The cast maybe strong but will the set be a let down. Considering the advance bookings the show must be pulling in and will take I hope not.

Manchester seems to have sold about 60% of tickets and has already started TV ads. They state this is a new production of the show. I hope its as good as the recent revamped Phantom tour which was quite impressive.

#418 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

They don't use a trap door in the touring productions in the US, Elphaba just runs on with the grimmerie and then gives it to Chistery in NGD, I believe.

When they say it's a new production, I think it just means a new production of the same show so I can't see them changing much about it, just tweak it for different venues etc.

#419 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postmunchkinmania, on 08 June 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

I was looking at tickets in Manchester Palace theatre. Some tickets in the rear stalls and circle state you will miss one scene. Think they are taking about DG or could be Monkeys in the wizard scene because of the overhang.This is a shame as it is the highlight of the show. It will obviously be a problem in older venues like Manchester Leeds and Glasgow but not as much in the like of Cardiff and  Dublin which are more recent. The older theatres like Manchester have 3 tiers so twice the problem.

It's definitely the flying that is obscured from back of stalls/circle.

#420 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

TR252, on 08 June 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

They don't use a trap door in the touring productions in the US, Elphaba just runs on with the grimmerie and then gives it to Chistery in NGD, I believe.

When they say it's a new production, I think it just means a new production of the same show so I can't see them changing much about it, just tweak it for different venues etc.

How do they do the ending then if they don't have a trap door?  The bit when Fiyero returns for Elphaba after Glinda's left thinking she's been melted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users