651 replies to this topic

#51 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

there is NO tour as of yet, so why is everyone discussing casting for a show/production that isn't happening?

#52 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

We're discussing it as IF it's happening...and just because it isn't announced DOESN'T meant it won't happen eventually
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#53 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

It may not have been officially announced yet but it does look like it's finally going to happen.

#54 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Postharveyjnr, on 29 August 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

there is NO tour as of yet, so why is everyone discussing casting for a show/production that isn't happening?

There are people who are working on it that have said it is happening. There just hasn't been an official announcement.

#55 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 29 August 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

If you read the rest of the thread (and the Lion King tour thread, that's where this started), you'll see that there's fairly credible information that the tour actually will happen.  Just because you haven't yet heard about it doesn't mean it won't happen or isn't happening, these things take months of background planning before they become official.

And you'll notice we are talking about hypothetical casting, which is an entirely different thing to talking about casting as fact.

#56 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

i am NOT having a go. i would hope there is a tour- i just thought someone could shed some light on any actual info. jeez... wicked fans...

#57 Little Bear

Little Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Opening in Manchester Palace next year May/June time

#58 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostLittle Bear, on 29 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Opening in Manchester Palace next year May/June time

Have you got that from somewhere new or are you repeating what you've read on here earlier? :)

#59 Little Bear

Little Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 29 August 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Have you got that from somewhere new or are you repeating what you've read on here earlier? :)

It was me that said it earlier!

#60 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 29 August 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

i am NOT having a go. i would hope there is a tour- i just thought someone could shed some light on any actual info. jeez... wicked fans...

No offence, but your post came across as if you were having a go - you basically told everyone to stop discussing the tour.  The responses you got had nothing to do with whether we're Wicked fans or not.

If you wanted information, you could have just asked 'has anyone got any news on this please?'...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users