654 replies to this topic

#561 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

I'm assuming the show is selling out on tour?

#562 Wickeder

Wickeder

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 13 October 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I'm assuming the show is selling out on tour?

Certainly Manchester has been selling very well. I went a couple of weeks ago on a Thurs eve and just about managed to find a decent single ticket. The reviews and the buzz have been great. They've run some TV ads for "last remaining tickets".

#563 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

What was Jemma like?

#564 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Caught this last night and was blown away. It looks and sounds amazing. The set has a slightly more antiquated feel to it which I loved. Couldn't put my finger on exactly what they've done to Defying Gravity but it is simply jaw dropping.

#565 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostRichey, on 16 October 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Caught this last night and was blown away. It looks and sounds amazing. The set has a slightly more antiquated feel to it which I loved. Couldn't put my finger on exactly what they've done to Defying Gravity but it is simply jaw dropping.

Same, I couldn't put figure out what was different with Defying Gravity...but it clicked when I saw the London production 2 nights ago.

During the flying bit on tour, there are basically just more lights on Elphaba, and during the last note some if them spin round and shine towards the audience.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#566 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Does anyone know the situation with unsold premium tickets for this? I know the run is pretty much sold out, trying to get 2 tickets together is proving difficult, so might have to sit separately. I've noticed quite a few premium seats left, and just wondered if they were left unsold or brought to normal price maybe on the day of the performance?

Probably unlikely as they'd rather have empty seats, but thought it might be worth hanging on in case they did come back on at normal prices.

#567 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

There were quite a few empty seats near us last night- rear stalls. All the seats in the premium area looked full which surprised me as when I booked a few months ago hardly any had gone.

#568 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

That's interesting, maybe the impact of the good reviews or just fewer shows left until the show finishes there. Thanks for letting me know. I'd noticed the premium seats had definitely changed and become more widespread for early weekday shows than previously.

I should be able to get two decent separate seats hopefully. I really dislike ATG, not just for premium tickets and general high prices, but the not leaving single seats rule too, there's often seats of 3 that get left because people can't book for a pair. I also regularly go to shows alone, so it's pretty annoying.

#569 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Luce66 - I feel your pain when it comes to booking a pair and it won't let you because it's a 3.  A bit cheeky, but when there are 3, add a single ticket to your basket, then close your web browser.  Then open it up again and select the 2 you want (it will let you do that while the single one is still "blocked out").  Then book away! :)

#570 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Last week I had no trouble at all getting 3 premium seats together for the final week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users