#22 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Not that I'm a fan or anything, but I'm more inclined to trust the word of Bamigboye than a friend of a friend of a friend. Unless RUG are being REALLY sneaky and purposefully force-feeding Bamigboye faulty information so the ultimate casting announcement comes as a total shock to all.

I kinda hope Bamigboye is wrong though. The show's set years after the first, right? Doesn't matter so much for Ramin, 'cos he'd be caked in make-up anyway, but Sierra plays a little young for the role. :/ I know Christine was probably 16 in the original and therefore it's not unfeasible she'd be in her mid-twenties now, but it's the Romeo & Juliet thing, really. It may be in the text that Lady Capulet is 28, but she is frequently cast older so all the onstage relationships make more sense. Sierra may be close to actual Christine's actual age, but all an audience will see is a girl who looks far younger than we believe she must be. O_O

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#23 Guest_Another Guest_*

Guest_Another Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

David Tennant

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

I went to see WWRY in Manchester this week, and the biography in the cast programme for Ashley Russel said says she has been working with Andrew Lloyd Webber on Phantom 2 workshops. Not sure if this means she is likely to be cast in the show itself.

#25 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 27 2009, 01:47 PM) View Post
I went to see WWRY in Manchester this week, and the biography in the cast programme for Ashley Russel said says she has been working with Andrew Lloyd Webber on Phantom 2 workshops. Not sure if this means she is likely to be cast in the show itself.

The pages of musical theatre history are littered with names of performers and creatives involved in workshops who were not offered "the gig", and not just ALW workshops!
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#26 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

I'm so excited about this! I think there will be a scramble for tickets.

#27 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Weez @ Mar 27 2009, 12:21 PM) View Post
Not that I'm a fan or anything, but I'm more inclined to trust the word of Bamigboye than a friend of a friend of a friend. Unless RUG are being REALLY sneaky and purposefully force-feeding Bamigboye faulty information so the ultimate casting announcement comes as a total shock to all.

I kinda hope Bamigboye is wrong though. The show's set years after the first, right? Doesn't matter so much for Ramin, 'cos he'd be caked in make-up anyway, but Sierra plays a little young for the role. :/ I know Christine was probably 16 in the original and therefore it's not unfeasible she'd be in her mid-twenties now, but it's the Romeo & Juliet thing, really. It may be in the text that Lady Capulet is 28, but she is frequently cast older so all the onstage relationships make more sense. Sierra may be close to actual Christine's actual age, but all an audience will see is a girl who looks far younger than we believe she must be. O_O

I think you can make people look older, I don't think it matters if she is young, for me its about how good she is and if she can do the part well, age does not matter to me, I just want to go to the theatre and be blown away by the musical.  Has there been any updates on casting?

#28 Guest_Sebastian_*

Guest_Sebastian_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(Rain @ Mar 26 2009, 01:35 PM) View Post
I heard that rumour a while back and both Denise and John denied it.

Very disappointing - that would definately make me see it (even if John Barrowman annoys me  in person he is a brilliant musical actor

#29 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

John Barrowman has been confirmed for the 2009/10 Cardiff panto and will be playing Captain Jack in David Tennant's last Dr Who story so he cannot open in Phantom 2.

#30 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(hitster @ Apr 15 2009, 05:20 PM) View Post
John Barrowman has been confirmed for the 2009/10 Cardiff panto and will be playing Captain Jack in David Tennant's last Dr Who story so he cannot open in Phantom 2.

Well according to Baz, and elsewhere, John Barrowman is still possibly going to be Albin. And he has also, according to Baz, been reprising Raoul for the concept album, albeit will NOT be doing the stage show.

And there was an interview with Robyn North (alternate Christine), in which she confirmed that Ramin has been working on it and that he thinks the music is beautiful and that he can be heard humming it.

But in terms of who is playing what, there are the three (possibly four) different casts as all rehearsing together, so there is plenty of scope for other speculation. I wouldn't rule out a few red herrings, myself, but this is ALW's baby again, isn't it? So for the London cast, at least, I would bet he is going to go with whoever he thinks will do it justice best, rather than "Name".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users