24 replies to this topic

#1 ollie

ollie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had joined totally theatre and claimed their free ticket. I was just wondering whether the tickets were any good and whether they post the tickets out before hand.

Any information or help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 claire88

claire88

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(ollie @ Mar 26 2009, 09:58 PM) View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had joined totally theatre and claimed their free ticket. I was just wondering whether the tickets were any good and whether they post the tickets out before hand.

Thanks.

We used this to get two tickets from the offer, using two different ticket codes hoping we would be sat together, firstly we didnt hear back from them about the confirmation as we were told we would, and had to chase them up about 7 times before getting a confirmation email confirming we had tickets but WEREN'T sat together, i was in row T stalls and my friend in row E circle. There were spare seats next to both of us and we swapped seats at the interval.

They don't post the tickets beforehand we picked them up at the office, and they were definately not the best available seats, but as they were free we definately couldnt complain, it was slightly annoying we did have to chase them up and we werent sat together though. hope that helps!

#3 gjk

gjk

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(claire88 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:01 PM) View Post
We used this to get two tickets from the offer, using two different ticket codes hoping we would be sat together, firstly we didnt hear back from them about the confirmation as we were told we would, and had to chase them up about 7 times before getting a confirmation email confirming we had tickets but WEREN'T sat together, i was in row T stalls and my friend in row E circle. There were spare seats next to both of us and we swapped seats at the interval.

They don't post the tickets beforehand we picked them up at the office, and they were definately not the best available seats, but as they were free we definately couldnt complain, it was slightly annoying we did have to chase them up and we werent sat together though. hope that helps!

This was on their latest newsletter:

"The Seat was perfect - Row H near the middle - front stalls."  Judy from London talking about her FREE ticket to Jersey Boys

"I'm loving the membership, the videos are my favourite part. Especially  the Wicked ones!"  Rachel from Manchester

"Best seats, Row K! Awesome show. Will definitely be using Totally  Theatre again and again" Michael from Leeds talking about his FREE ticket to Jersey Boys

"Didn't expect to have Row D of stalls! Taking my mum to see the show we  couldn't had a better view, thank you" Lorraine from  Hertforshire talking about her FREE ticket to Wicked

So does sound like its worth a try and each case if different!

#4 Guest_kay shread_*

Guest_kay shread_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Thanks.

#5 Guest_kay shread_*

Guest_kay shread_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

Thanks.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

huh.gif   dry.gif Forgot to say... if you dont live near London dont bother to join..too complicated, hotels,transport etc;
I bought a membership for my husband as well but you cant use both the free tickets at the same show so you have to pay another 62.50 to go together which leaves the other free ticket spare and you cant always see another show of your choice because it may not be included in their list.       Buyer beware.

#7 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

Had a lot of difficulty getting ticket - they didn't want to give out anything for Blood Brothers (by far my first choice). The prices quoted for the extra ticket are extraordinarily high, it would be cheaper to buy two discounted top price tickets for any of their shows than buying the second ticket (I did check this out!).

In the end (after a LOT of me offering dates and chasing), I finally managed to get a Jersey Boys ticket.

Will not be renewing, really isn't worth the price.

#8 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

Interesting thread and replies. Thanks.

#9 Guest_Lisa hall_*

Guest_Lisa hall_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:56 AM

The company are rubbish, we've been trying to contact them to book seats for 3 months!!! Says they reply within 24 hours but certainly don't. Don't return calls or emails. Absolute rubbish. Would not re new membership or recommend them at all!

#10 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

As it happens, once the process of getting tickets booked was sorted - the seat I got was one which I would declare to be one of the best in the house, one of the Loges at Jersey Boys. Very clear views, and thoroughly enjoyed it..

However, as far as the company goes, in the majority of cases, unless they have a very cheap offer to join up, you can get the tickets cheaper off many websites than the membership fee. Definitely not worth it if you are planning to go with someone else for your free ticket (as you will certainly be paying a lot more than the odds!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users