2 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Using the title of the document [ letter and plan] sent to me of the refurb plans for the National I was wondering what, if any, ideas we would send to the management for this expensive enterprise. I've ranted many a time and oft on the board about my ideas. Any suggestions? No doubt it is all already sealed in concrete but a discussion might be fun.

The plan still seems a bit messy to me, not fully embracing the riverside aspect. The corner, now a parking for catering vans disgrace, will be a riverside bar and Lyttleton cafe. The ground floor entrances look as teeny as they are now except they name it as The Sackler Entrance Pavilion.

The big donors are obviously Dorfman, Sherling, Weston, Sackler and Clore from the naming of the different bits.

I'm glad they are doing a big number and not just fiddling. I've never liked the public spaces, considering the murly, dark aspect a lost opportunity to make the most of the site.

#2 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Enlivening the public spaces is just one strand of the National Theatre Future redevelopment project. The other three elements are marked improvements to the learning facilities, the production facilities and the financial sustainability (by reducing energy consumption and imcreasing visitor capacity).

http://www.nationalt...-theatre-future

#3 dowiemarron

dowiemarron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

How to be a  donor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users