• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 helpme

helpme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

I am so excited to read that The Last Session is coming to London. I was living in NYC when it was performed here and it was one of the most amazing pieces of Theatre I have seen in a very long time. I have been back in the States for 2 years but am planning to be back in London for this.

I am not too sure of the Cast as Darren Day was the only name I knew (know of). But as I have been away not suprising. Any light on the cast would be helpful.

This piece made me laugh, cry, cheer and moved me on to so many different emotional levels in one night. I am not a repeat show goer, but did see this 4 times in NYC! It's a total feel good musical with a good story.  If the vocals are anywhere as good an NYC production - London is in for a real treat !

#2 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

Thanks Newbie, as the Associate Producer on The Last Session, I can say how really excited we are by the production. The Cast are amazing, their voices are outstanding and they work so well together.

Darren Day is amazing in the Lead Role of Gideon, his voice has so much soul to it. This sound is so well complimented by the rest of the cast which comprises of AJ Dean who most recently appeared in Dreamboats And Petticoats and Save The Last Dance For Me, Simone Craddock whose credits include Hello Dolly, Jesus Christ Superstar & Annie, Ron Emsile whose West End credits include Piaf and Godspell and last but not least Lucy Vandi who was in Jerry Springer The Opera &The Life Of Galileo at the National Theatre.

Hope this is helpful.

Full information on the show can be found at www.climarproductions.com and we look forward to seeing you in London.

Regards

Huw

#3 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

I saw AJ Dean in Dreamboats & Petticoats and thought he was the best thing about it! I hope to catch him in this production.

#4 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hope you can Richard - he is absolutely amazing in this, his vocals are unreal and his performance is mesmerising. Like the rest of the cast - this show will rock the TBT !

#5 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

We are so happy to announce that the The Last Session will be working alongside  MAD - The Make A Difference Trust. We could not think of a more appropriate charity to be working with, especially considering the themes of the show.

#6 Newsbie

Newsbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

I remember seeing Darren Day in Joseph when I was young and that show and him (signed a programme for me) made me really want to become a musical theatre performer. Can't wait to see this show and the fact that the "Dreamboat" that is A J Dean is in it - makes it more exciting. The piece sounds amazing as well ! Booked tickets for me and my Mum - think she use to have a crush on Darren.

#7 ribby

ribby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Am very excited to find Darren Day back on stage - and at a theatre where you can get so close! I saw him last year in something called Brother Love's Salvation Show and he was amazing. Hadn't realised how good he was till then but instantly (and rather late, I know) became a fan.  Have booked and am keen to know more about it.

#8 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Newsbie - hope you and your Mum enjoy the show. If she had a crush on him, its going to grow from this performance. He, like everyone is amazing in this show.

#9 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey Ribby

What else information do you want on the show?

Huw x

#10 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

Get some amazing twitter reviews and FB mentions - anyone on here seen thos show as yet?

Great review this morning http://playstosee.co...id=860 …

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users