• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 huwavallen

huwavallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

hey guys, not sure if you saw, but the also received Critics' Choice and an amazing review in Time Out - published in print and online today.

http://www.timeout.c...he-last-session

#12 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Cant agree with the reviews, thought it was overlong and self indulgent, I was willing him to get on and top himself.

#13 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Can anyone tell me what the seating is like at the Tristan Bates theatre? Thinking of booking and just wondering what it's like before I commit but can't find anything online.

#14 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Tiered rows of straight backed chairs. Bit squashed together. Unreserved. No problem with view from anywhere, it's very small.

#15 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postjaqs, on 02 October 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Tiered rows of straight backed chairs. Bit squashed together. Unreserved. No problem with view from anywhere, it's very small.

Ooh thanks for that. Sometimes I prefer unreserved seating in small venues. Will check my diary and see if I can fit in a visit.

#16 timbo

timbo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Saw this show this afternoon and thought it was brilliant. An incredibly strong cast that made this a very special production. Funny in parts and heartbreaking in others. I strongly recommend The Last Session.

#17 Lady Nijo

Lady Nijo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

The singing in this show is just phenomenal. AJ Dean has the most silky smoky voice. And Lucy Vandi's last big song just blew me away. If they ever record a CD I'd totally buy it! Some of the lyrics feel very raw and, no doubt, close to the songwriter's heart, which kind of bothered me at the start and then I just got over myself and opened up to their honesty. But definitely worth getting along to see this. Saw Choir Boy at the start of the week and this at the end. Good bookends of amazing vocals.

#18 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well I got over my DarrenDayophobia and I am so glad I did, what a great little show. Fantastic songs and absolutely amazing performances, especially AJ Dean in an almost thankless role as a homphobic southern bible basher, It's only on for another week and I defintely recommend giving it a shot, more exposition on my blog http://www.frontrowd...theatre_22.html
www.frontrowdress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users