#11 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostMikey, on 09 September 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Can't you lot just go away and squabble about uni fees somewhere else? Yes, it's important, but not on a Discussion board about Plays under a heading referring to the Donmar! You can face each other on Facebook or tweet into the night until we are all yawning, but please confine your chat here to what's on stage.

Yes, Prime Minister.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#12 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Why don't Barclays roll out their Barclays Front Row scheme to some universities, offering £10 tuition fees to students who successfully book online, by phone or in person to attend lectures or seminars the following week?

#13 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostMikey, on 09 September 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Can't you lot just go away and squabble about uni fees somewhere else? Yes, it's important, but not on a Discussion board about Plays under a heading referring to the Donmar! You can face each other on Facebook or tweet into the night until we are all yawning, but please confine your chat here to what's on stage.

All the world's a stage.

I've split that part of the thread into a separate thread of its own in the General Chat section.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#14 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thank you Matthew.

#15 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'm young (and a just has been student) and I've never had a problem getting into the Donmar. I've booked as tickets go on public sale, and on the one occassion when I couldn't make the date I booked for, I queued up for dayseats. The Donmar was never impossible to get into, and neither does everyone think that- why else is there a queue on Earlham Street every morning?

This £10 Front Row Scheme won't open it up to many new people; instead it'll be those who would either get dayseats, or book on public booking day, or even members, just delaying their booking to get either better seats for the price they'd usually pay, or the same seats at a cheaper price. If you really want to see a show at the Donmar, and you put your mind to it, you can see it. Even when Barclays Front Row doesn't exist.

#16 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 10 September 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

I'm young (and a just has been student) and I've never had a problem getting into the Donmar. I've booked as tickets go on public sale, and on the one occassion when I couldn't make the date I booked for, I queued up for dayseats. The Donmar was never impossible to get into, and neither does everyone think that- why else is there a queue on Earlham Street every morning?

This £10 Front Row Scheme won't open it up to many new people; instead it'll be those who would either get dayseats, or book on public booking day, or even members, just delaying their booking to get either better seats for the price they'd usually pay, or the same seats at a cheaper price. If you really want to see a show at the Donmar, and you put your mind to it, you can see it. Even when Barclays Front Row doesn't exist.

Well said. Which "new people" are they hoping to entice exactly? I wish someone would explain this to me.....

#17 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostLatecomer, on 10 September 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Well said. Which "new people" are they hoping to entice exactly? I wish someone would explain this to me.....
perhaps they don't want us regular going any more? If we go round and pretend to be new (and therefore not realise that there toilets on the circle floor and moan about the toilets and not reminise over the good old days when the doors opened outwards and hit people as they queued) perhaps they will be satisfied and give up after a while?

#18 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Talking of the toilets, it would be nice if they could find someone to sponsor fixing the flush on the cubicle in the circle gents loo. It's not worked properly since before Grandage left.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#19 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ah Peggs, the Donmar toilets, what memories! Remember actually standing in rain waiting to get into the minuscule hut? Donmar toilets ok now.
Theatre toilets: subject for a Phd. Wonder what igb's Phd topic is.

#20 annette

annette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Not happy about these changes as others have said whats the incentive for members to stay if better seats and cheaper seats are made available. I wonder if theyve shot themselves in the foot with this one as may make many think twice about paying the fee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users