99 replies to this topic

#91 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

How very odd- is it just a gamble as to where your seat is then?

#92 AnnieInTheStalls

AnnieInTheStalls

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I would expect seasoned theatre goers to nab all these now. The payback for the Donmar (I assume) will be after the reviews when non seasoned theatre goers might fancy going. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I applaud the experiment.

#93 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

When's the next booking period then? Next Monday or the Monday after?

#94 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Next Monday, for the week two weeks later, I think
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#95 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

It does seem odd to do it in chunks like this, as it means some tix are much more advance than others.  I won't be trying until booking for Trelawney opens - unless further posts here have by then dissuaded me even from trying.

#96 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

View Postfringefan, on 19 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

It does seem odd to do it in chunks like this, as it means some tix are much more advance than others.  I won't be trying until booking for Trelawney opens - unless further posts here have by then dissuaded me even from trying.

Not much more advance.  Every Monday, tickets go on sale for two weeks time.  Monday to Saturday.  I got unlucky today because I didn't realise you needed to sign up, but that's ok.  As someone said, seasoned theatre goers will get in before the reviews and the second booking period should be easier because it won't have started yet.

The weird think is they claim that no tickets are allocated to online, phone and in person.  It's a free-for-all.  By the time a couple of people have got through on the phone all tickets will have gone and the Donmar box office apparently opens at 10:30, so not sure how that works out.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#97 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postdude-1981, on 19 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

The weird think is they claim that no tickets are allocated to online, phone and in person.  It's a free-for-all.  By the time a couple of people have got through on the phone all tickets will have gone and the Donmar box office apparently opens at 10:30, so not sure how that works out.

If it's like The River...will sell out in 30 secs on line. So people at box office....or on phone actually talking will stand no chance! I think they would be kinder to do it on a non-working day or at least early! I tweeted Josie asking what about people who work on Mondays and she tweeted back saying "it's ok, you can book on-line" but not everyone is allowed to faff about on the internet booking theatre tickets! Perhaps the "new audience" is only people with superfast internet access who don't work or have understanding bosses!

#98 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

yes it is hard to cover the fact you are trying to buy tickets when your shouting at a screen that is erroring at you and your frantically trying to enter your card details.

#99 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

One imagines all the buses grinding to a halt as the drivers try to book and women in labour being told to stop breathing and cross their legs by the midwifery team.

#100 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Well, let's isee if this method is carried over to next season. Seems odd to me. As a supporter I've got a less good seat ( the Weir April) than I would get if I booked two weeks before. If I could get the seat, that is which  isnt likely as i'm not hot on the online booking lark. But they have my money and some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users