740 replies to this topic

#141 MrTumnus

MrTumnus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Day Seats- The stage at the Palladium is high so the front row day seats should be considered restricted view.

Sister Act - view not a problem. Saturday queue got busy at 9.50am and that was with Whoopee Golberg starring, we arrived 7am.
Wizard of Oz -  Did Dorothy wear Ruby Slippers? I also heard that there was a dog in the show. Saturday queue a couple of weeks into the run got busyish around 9.30am -9.40 would have been too late, again we arrived at 7am.
Chorus Line  - Expect to miss seeing from knee down in the dance numbers. If the choreography is why you're going then you may be disappointed.
I can't think out of the box as I don't have a box to start with.

#142 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

But it's only sold about 6 tickets..????

#143 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

And three of them are mine...

#144 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostMrTumnus, on 31 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Day Seats- The stage at the Palladium is high so the front row day seats should be considered restricted view.

Sister Act - view not a problem. Saturday queue got busy at 9.50am and that was with Whoopee Golberg starring, we arrived 7am.
Wizard of Oz -  Did Dorothy wear Ruby Slippers? I also heard that there was a dog in the show. Saturday queue a couple of weeks into the run got busyish around 9.30am -9.40 would have been too late, again we arrived at 7am.
Chorus Line  - Expect to miss seeing from knee down in the dance numbers. If the choreography is why you're going then you may be disappointed.

I had similar thoughts. Think I would prefer to see it from the upper circle.

#145 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

What is the view like from the Upper Circle at the Palladium?  Looks like tickets up there are about all I can afford for this...

#146 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Its not too bad

#147 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I always check theatremonkey first-very reliable.

#148 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's not bad if you're in the central area, it has quite a steep rake if I remember correctly, I saw the Wizard of Oz from  up there and the view was fine.

#149 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

The Palladium is a massive theatre to fill - there will be loads of deals for this I imagine. As it is a dance show - it has to be seen from further back than the first couple of rows of the stalls. The view from the Upper Circle is fine.

#150 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

For sound of music couldn't see the nuns coming forward from the upper and for Joseph couldn't see him on the pyramid.

Given nothing will be up high and hopefully not too far forward the upper should be fine, only trouble will be if upgraded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users