#171 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 07 February 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

It's a shame Cassies big number had such crappy choreography. I remember seeing Charlotte D'Amboise do it in the most recent revival and at the end I was totally underwhelmed... Not through her fault at all..

Gosh.  I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not, given that Music and the Mirror is one of the iconic showstoppers of the 70s.

(but if I'm secretly honest?  I really dislike the huge long dance break in that number.  I love the emotion behind the song and the energetic part of the dance break, but when it slows down and goes a bit "sultry"? Not my thing...)

#172 JoshuaLuke89

JoshuaLuke89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 07 February 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

It's a shame Cassies big number had such crappy choreography. I remember seeing Charlotte D'Amboise do it in the most recent revival and at the end I was totally underwhelmed... Not through her fault at all..

I actual think the choreography is amazing for this song one of Bennetts best solo pieces the emotion the dance portrays and the technique used in the dance is incredible I don't think actually there is any "crappy" choreography in the show at all and the ending where she dances back and forth along that line Is anything to me but underwhelming but i suppose each to their own. In response to someone else I never thought the stage looked to empty at all it was just right I don't suppose they have used the whole depth but then I don't really know but it certainly never looks too bare I think also the clever ensemble choreography helps this

#173 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Saw 3rd preview tonight. Wow, it was even better than I expected. I absolutely loved it, I need to see it again! Such talent on that stage.
If I had any problem, I would echo an earlier comment about Paul's monologue, I wasn't as moved as I should have been but this is only a minor niggle. Scarlett Strallen was ace and I take back everything I said about John Partridge, who even looked quite sexy.
I got my ticket from the TKTS booth in Leicester Square and was sat in the dress circle, which from what I could make out, gives the best view. Upper circle looked quite empty but otherwise a busy house.
Anyone in to musical theatre will love it I'm sure.

#174 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

No I wasn't joking. Every time I've seen that number I think it's really not anywhere near being a show stopper.

#175 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Think I'm going to try and get a ticket from tkts for this on Monday or Tuesday, with you guys raving about it so much.

#176 JoshuaLuke89

JoshuaLuke89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Wow as I said each to their own maybe it's a dancer thing I just think its so emotional so powerful she is just dancing for her self and showing all her vulnerability and yep you should get a ticket it's so worth it I'm going again on the 14th

#177 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Scarlett didn't deliver for me I'm afraid... And I do love her but she's totally miscast in this. She's an English rose with a soprano voice and can't sing this role properly and doesn't dance it with any attack. There are also a couple of Other weak performances but overall it's a fabulous show... And thrilling to hear those songs live again. Leigh Zimmerman steals the show and gets the best reaction from the audience. Likewise Vistoris Hamilton barrit is fabulous. The guynplaying Paul was very moving indeed. The sound was a bit all over the place but it completely delivers a captivating portrayal of the life of a dancer and I'd forgotten how moving it is...

#178 Who'sInTheBand?

Who'sInTheBand?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

A Chorus Line on ITV London 08/02/12 -

#179 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Does anyone know if there are discounts anywhere for this show? How much are tkts selling it for on the day? Thanks in advance!

#180 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

TKTS are offering a slight reduction according to their website. http://www.tkts.co.uk/whats-on-sale/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users