740 replies to this topic

#201 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

So i just read there's no interval. Is that the case and what is the running time.

#202 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostStage Hand, on 11 February 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

So i just read there's no interval. Is that the case and what is the running time.

2 hours

#203 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

One ... Bladder Full Sensation
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#204 Zozo

Zozo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

How is the day seating going? Is there a huge cue each day, I'm thinking of going thursday.

#205 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostZozo, on 11 February 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

How is the day seating going? Is there a huge cue each day, I'm thinking of going thursday.
  I happened to walk past at 9.00am on Saturday and there were 5 people there. Not sure if that helps

#206 next2normal

next2normal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

I saw the show tonight Mon 11th Feb.
I thought the dancing was generally quite poor and not a patch on the clips of recent broadway casts.
I assumed the idea was to get fabulous dancers who could also sing and act well enough but to me at least the casting brief seems to have been muddled somewhere.

Some notable performances though...
Harry Francis - easy to say the best dancer on the stage by a country mile!
Leigh Zimmerman -  Simply a class act.
Andy Rees - great short speech.
Gary Wood - 'Paul' - very moving monologue.
Scarlett Strallen - I adore her and she gave a great performance (as always) but I didn't think the 'Music and the mirror' choreography sat well on her.
Surely the job of re-staging this should be to bring out the best of the talent and not just to shoe horn them into the 'original' version.

Lastly - Adam Salter - 'I Can Do That' ???
Erm... no you can't!  I felt like I was watching someone who at 21 had just taken his very first jazz class and was muddling his way through his very first routine. Also, When the song starts with 'Pitter Pat' I'd expect you to be able to at least execute a basic tap 'shuffle'.
... and for the record a back flip doesn't make up for it.

#207 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Postnext2normal, on 12 February 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

When the song starts with 'Pitter Pat' I'd expect you to be able to at least execute a basic tap 'shuffle'.
... and for the record a back flip doesn't make up for it.

Most of the audience probably aren't even going to know what that is...

#208 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Re "I Can Do That" there are many ways to choreograph this routine.  If you recall in Every Little Step the three finalists for the role all took very different dance approaches.  Only one of them did tap.  But that said, I'm with you in that I want a tap shuffle there.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#209 JoshuaLuke89

JoshuaLuke89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Hmmm well I went again yesterday (Monday 11th feb) day seated again this time royal circle great seat again I thought the dancing was great as it was the,first night and please remember it is only the second week of previewsmamdmits a killer show to do for a cast with no interval  I must admit Scarlett's music and the mirror wasn't as strong as it was the first time I saw it she wenta bit off during the big pirouette section but overall still great I really don't see anything bad to be said about this show and production as Baayork lee said tommemon the first preview herself they just need time to grow into the show now

#210 JoshuaLuke89

JoshuaLuke89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Oh and after looking through this more yes zach is supposed to be in all those parts of the show he is also a dancer that's where he began its even a line in the show this is note the awful film we are dealing with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users