http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21409558

#222 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Saw the show last night from day seats in Row B, for me these were fantastic value and i could see everything, although i am 6,2 so the high stage is about eye level :)

This cast are phenomenal, just amazing seeing so much talent and energy up on that stage, just a joy to watch. Scarlett is very good as is Leigh Zimmerman but the ensemble as a whole just work together. Jon is good and nice to see his dancing again where it belongs. The orchestra were brilliant and the music just sits under the piece which at points i  realised i didn't even notice the orchestra playing, they underscore it perfectly. I can safely say, i will be back to see this again and again, its just a spectacular show, with a superb cast!

I hope it gets packed audiences because it deserves it and i think it will get the young and drama school crowd just because its something they can all relate to, a passion for the theatre and for dancing. I would love to see this extend, but first it has to get the amazing reviews it deserves, i don't usually gush about shows but this for me is everything that it could be. Two hours fly by and leave you wanting more.

Also for those interested Val and Ritchie were both played by understudies last night and they were excellent, Val seemed to pitch Dance 10 looks 3 well enough but at the end i wished she wouldn't whisper the last part, just because being out of breath and whispering meant it was slightly inaudible. Also was Scarlets mic having trouble in the beginning because every time she sang it seemed a bit underwhelming but when she got to The Music and the mirror she was breathtaking and her mic seemed fine!? :)

Overall: Fantastic, see it now!!!
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#223 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

How was Maggie?  No one has mentioned her and her moment in Everything Was Beautiful at the Ballet is one of the show's highlights for me.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#224 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postmallardo, on 14 February 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

How was Maggie?  No one has mentioned her and her moment in Everything Was Beautiful at the Ballet is one of the show's highlights for me.

When i saw the show last week, Maggie's big money note in At The Ballet wasn't there. Practically head voice.I was so disappointed. When i have seen the show before, that moment always got applause from the audience and makes that song such a highlight in the show. Overall i was a bit disappointed in the whole production.

#225 TBFL

TBFL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostZozo, on 11 February 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

How is the day seating going? Is there a huge cue each day, I'm thinking of going thursday.

I got a day seat last week at 3pm in the afternoon! I was in the stalls. row G.

#226 CC.

CC.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hi,

I haven't seen A Chorus Line yet, however, I do have tickets for next week with a bunch of friends! I'm looking forward to the show as some of them have already seen it and have been raving about how good it is! I've heard good things, and I've seen some promotion interviews (mainly with John Partridge - who seems very passionate, charismatic and excited about that show). I have high hopes for the show, and I can not wait until I finally get to see it for myself! Fingers crossed :)

#227 JennLaFleur

JennLaFleur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Travelling!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing this show! I have a ticket in the stalls for Press Night on the 19th. I've heard a lot of really great things about it, mostly first hand from my friends in England (I'm from Northern Ireland), and although I'm trying not to spoil it too much for myself, I've been watching the little clips and interviews on the news channels and it's been making me more excited! :) I've not seen any other versions, and not too familiar with the story, so I'll be coming into it with fresh eyes :P

As for Johnny Partridge, I think it's great he's involved so much in the dancing etc - would be a bit of a waste of his talents otherwise! If he has it, why the hell not use it if they can? :D

#228 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostTBFL, on 14 February 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

When i saw the show last week, Maggie's big money note in At The Ballet wasn't there. Practically head voice.I was so disappointed. When i have seen the show before, that moment always got applause from the audience and makes that song such a highlight in the show. Overall i was a bit disappointed in the whole production.

Oh no!!  I'm seeing it tomorrow.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#229 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Last night i thought Maggie was wonderful, she had real power in her At the Ballet crescendo, don't be disappointed, i was sat anticipating it and she hit those notes with ease.

#230 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Also forgot to say i got my day seats at around 1pm yesterday and was Row B seat 16/17, perfect view as there is no conductor and bang in the centre!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users