740 replies to this topic

#241 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks both.  Hmm... becoming a bit more interested in that case.

#242 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just a thought. I have not seen the film or show yet, but plan to go soon. The film is a cert 12. Can you give any guidance on the age to see it?

#243 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Scarlett is still off today. Victoria Hamilton Barrit is off so Lucy Jane adcock will making her debut in the role today. And 3rd cover val will be on tonight for the first time!

#244 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Ok got my understudy slip. Lucy is on for Scarlett, Georgie ashford is on for VHB, genevieve Nicole is on for Rachel and Alice is in for Lucy! Quite a few injured people! And it's georgie's debut this afternoon!

#245 NorthernSpoon

NorthernSpoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

View Poststevepearman, on 16 February 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Just a thought. I have not seen the film or show yet, but plan to go soon. The film is a cert 12. Can you give any guidance on the age to see it?

There is a few cases strong language and a couple of mild sexual references as well as mentions of sexuality. I don't honestly know but I'd probably reccommend 14/15.

#246 Monteverdi

Monteverdi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

yes, it's a tough show for the dancers, and was even tougher in the 70's when total dance shows wre something quite unique. But towards the end of the original run, the show became a bit of a farce with so many people off, for various reasons. I remember one shoddy performance where there were simply not enough people on stage fr it to work. Thakfully those days are over I hope.

#247 frightenedrabbit

frightenedrabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

View Posttheatre_kirsty, on 16 February 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Ok got my understudy slip. Lucy is on for Scarlett, Georgie ashford is on for VHB, genevieve Nicole is on for Rachel and Alice is in for Lucy! Quite a few injured people! And it's georgie's debut this afternoon!

I wonder if the reason for so many understudies this weekend is so that the full cast are fighting fit for Tuesday's press night?

#248 frightenedrabbit

frightenedrabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Also, while I'm here, I'd just like to post some thoughts on the show.

I've had the privilege of seeing it twice already (with the full cast), and it is absolutely superb. John Partridge is PERFECT in the role of Zach, I was blown away. He has so much power and command up on that stage, and does a fantastic accent too. Victoria Hamilton-Barritt is the standout female for me, the best Diana I've seen. Nothing and What I Did For Love are beautifully performed. Gary Wood's monologue really struck a chord with me, it actually brought tears to my eyes. It was very sincerely delivered and extremely touching. Leigh Zimmerman is perfect in the role of Sheila, and got the most audience response - lots of laughs and a big round of applause at the end. Becky Herszenhorn took on the role of Val extremely well, although there is room for improvement vocally. Scarlett Strallen's solo is mesmerising, I just hope she doesn't burn herself out doing that 8 times a week!

All in all, two hours flew by, and I'd happily watch it over and over again, I feel it's the kind of show where you'd appreciate something/someone different every time you saw it.

I'd recommend not sitting too close to the front if it's your first time seeing it - fortunately I was seated in the first row of the Royal Circle the first time I saw it, and I could really take everything in, but the second time I was Row C in the stalls, slightly to one side, and I felt like I missed some bits. It's a pretty high stage!

#249 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostNorthernSpoon, on 16 February 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

There is a few cases strong language and a couple of mild sexual references as well as mentions of sexuality. I don't honestly know but I'd probably reccommend 14/15.
Many thanks for that.

#250 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Posttheatre_kirsty, on 16 February 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Let me get this straight.  Genevieve Nicole was in for Cassie last night and in for Val tonight?   Why not keep her as Cassie, a role she is suited for?   Anyway, I'm sure Lucy Jane Adcock will be fine as Cassie.  She was an excellent - and hilarious - Judy.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users