Probably the Prince of Wales.

#292 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

The Coliseum has a procenium opening of 45' and is the only other theatre stage big enough. Drury Lane is a 42' procenium opening. The Lyceum for example is 36'. So as the Coliseum is the home of the ENO etc. Drury Lane and the Palladium are the only theatre stages in London considered suitable by the producers even though the Prince of Wales theatre is technically big enough with a 45' opening. If the show ever tours - again it can only go to the big houses such as the Liverpool Empire - 42' Mayflower Theatre Southampton 40' etc

#293 MrTumnus

MrTumnus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

They could just employ a skinnier cast :rolleyes:
I can't think out of the box as I don't have a box to start with.

#294 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Scarlett is sooooo miscast.
Id rather have seen Anna Jane Casey or Josegina Gabrielle do it..

#295 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

The prince Edward is wider than Drury Lane..

#296 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Scarlett is just a new take on the character maybe, she isn't terrible. Maybe they were looking for something different.

Or maybe they just wanted a Strallen!

#297 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

I saw the show last Saturday (matinee) and Lucy Jane Adcock was on for Cassie. I haven't seen Scarlett so I can't compare but I thought Lucy did a wonderful job especially considering it was her first time playing the part. Her singing was a bit weak in places but she danced beautifully and I really enjoyed seeing her in the role.

Has anyone heard anything about day seats still being sold now that previews are over? I was told by a girl in the cast that apparently day seats were only available during previews.

#298 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

There was a small queue when I walked past this morning at 9.15 so guess they are still doing day seats

#299 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

#300 JennLaFleur

JennLaFleur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Travelling!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

I thought the show was fantastic! Really loved it. The dancing seriously blew me away, I could have watched it all day! There were funny moments, some hold-your-breath moments, and the progression from not really knowing who any of the people were, to feeling like you know them and willing them to make the cut is extraordinary - you don't even realise it until Zach announces he's going to pick the successful auditionees! Speaking of Zach, I loved Johnny Partridge as him - led the main dances with incredible grace and power, and went from relentless, commanding director to caring, vulnerable human with ease. Leigh Zimmerman was great as Sheila, and got the most laughs! And Scarlett Strallen's solo dance is mesmerising. To be honest I couldn't pick any person out particularly for their dancing, I thought they were all equally brilliant. I enjoyed all the monologues too, in particular Mike's, Kristine's, Diane's and Paul's. I thought the use of the mirror was really cool - such a simple feature but was so effective in giving the audience the dancer's perspective - or even a look into their imaginations as they imagine dancing in front of an audience. Thought it was really clever! And the closing number is a great finisher. The cast got a standing ovation and extended round of applause, much deserved!

I can't recommend the show enough. Well worth the ticket, and the flight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users