740 replies to this topic

#311 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I watched Every Little Step on Sky Arts today and it was fascinating! A very entertaining insight into the audition process that we don't often see and some great insights into the original production. It brought tears to my eyes and made me appreciate the show all the more.

Last minute trip planned for tomorrow night. Lovely!! I definitely think I've found my new happy place! :)

#312 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Every Little Step also available on Netflix - an excellent documentary.

#313 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

To jump on the 'no show has ever made me feel this way' bandwagon, its just incredible that a show can have this affect on people, i just knew the moment the show finished i probably won't have a connection to show like i have with this one again. The power of theatre eh ;) I'm just glad i have this from the beginning of the run, show i generally like i see near the end of the run and really regret it. The Palladium may well be a home from home for me. :)
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#314 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

What are the programs/studio brocures like??

#315 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Last friday they only had the standard £3.50 cast bios, no other merchandise was available :(
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#316 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Will put this in the ticket thread also, but I have a spare ticket to see the show on Friday night.  It is purchased as part of a group booking so it is top price reduced to £39.50
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#317 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I got to see this on Saturday and three days later, still cannot stop thinking about it. What an incredible production!

#318 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

It looks like I am the only person NOT to like this show then ! I like to go to shows without being swayed by other opinions so I do not read reviews.I do, however,read this forum so I was very excited to see the show last night with the WoS outing.I have seen all the underground posters and a couple of the tv performances so it looked promising.But what a let down.There is NO set .. well apart from the black walls swinging occasionally into mirrors,NO costume changes - except for the last 5 minute finale.When you look at the production photos most of them show the gold costumes and brilliant lighting ( which is only the last 5 minutes of the show anyway) , the acting was patchy although there were 3 or 4 performances that were good.. but there are 17 peoeple in the chorus that have their story to tell 1 by 1 and most of them looked bored to me...and the dancing was ok.John Partridge is off stage most of the show talking via speaker to the cast and he also sounded bored.
I am sorry but if I pay that kind of money for a west end show at the London Palladium I expect a lot more than dull sets,lack of costume and a smattering of decent performances in a 2 hour show ( with no break)

#319 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

You do realise that 'no big sets and no costume changes' are essential to the story?!

#320 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yes but it is still a valid point, the ticket prices are just as high as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for example, Its all about perceived value.  For that type of money people want a full evenings entertainment. A short show with little set or costumes costing the same as a big budget show doesnt look great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users