#351 amos

amos

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 27 February 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Book of Mormon has pushed the top price to £69.50, before fees
It's actually £69.50 including fees if you check and previews are far less. They are one of the few theatres actually showing the total price which is probably why the watchdog did not pick on them.

#352 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

It's actually £69.50 including fees if you check and previews are far less. They are one of the few theatres actually showing the total price which is probably why the watchdog did not pick on them.

I'm not talking about the restoration levy, I'm talking about if you buy through a ticket agent. Outside of the biggies like Ticketmaster, the industry standard is 25% so that means a top price Book of Mormon ticket will cost in the region of £86, their premium seats will be close to £125.

#353 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yup its £84+ for a stalls seat for Mormon through See, £75 + delivery costs at ticketmaster.

#354 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi all - I have 2 tickets going spare for the show on Tuesday evening. They're great seats in row D of the dress circle. Normally 65 each, but group rate of 40 each.

Drop me a message if interested!

#355 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postjaqs, on 28 February 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Yup its 84+ for a stalls seat for Mormon through See, 75 + delivery costs at ticketmaster.
In our current climate, the theatre is too expensive for many. I go once or twice a month, but I couldn't even do it once a month if I paid full price, which I've only done once, and that for Lion King. But I guess someone is buying full price tickets :)

#356 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

in fairness its not bom setting the high prices, its the agencies. i mean over 15 a ticket booking fee is insane

#357 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

its not bom setting the high prices, its the agencies

No it isn't, it's the producers. The booking fees with most ticket agencies have been 25% since pussy was a kitten. I blame Victoria Wood. Acorn Antiques smashed the ticket price glass ceiling and despite her saying at the press conference the high price was only because of its limited run and high production costs and saying that other shows shouldn't follow suit, every show did.

#358 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Jersey Boys top price is £65 top price (£75 with SeeTickets fees), so only £2.50 less than Mormons £67.50 top price before fees.  Shows have been heading nearer £70 for a while, so I dont see how Mormon are at fault or doing anything out of the ordinary.

#359 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Shows have been heading nearer £70 for a while, so I dont see how Mormon are at fault or doing anything out of the ordinary.

15 years ago, top price for a musical was £32.50, and a play was £27.50 (or thereabouts). It's just surreal to me that in a relatively short space of time, it can increase so much. And it's counterintuitive when people have less money to spend. Juggernauts like Mormon will succeed with those prices, but lesser shows sticking to the same pricing model will inevitably fail. People simply can't afford to pay the top price. There isn't really any such thing as a cheap ticket to the theatre anymore.

#360 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

At least we're not Broadway!
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users