poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostMusicalTalk, on 01 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

At least we're not Broadway!

True, I just paid £70 for one of the 'cheaper' tickets (i.e. rear mezzanine) to Once as I won't be able to get to TKTS!  To be fairI could have got slightly cheaper but I wanted to be central.

#362 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

John and Victoria are off tomorrow night(John is there for the matinee though) I can't wait to see my first covers in this show! I imagine it will be Gary Wood as Zach, Marc Leslie as Don and Georgie Ashford as Diana. Bring it on!

#363 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

View Postposter J, on 01 March 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

True, I just paid 70 for one of the 'cheaper' tickets (i.e. rear mezzanine) to Once as I won't be able to get to TKTS!  To be fairI could have got slightly cheaper but I wanted to be central.

Wow. I'm stalls row C for Once and paid 49.50. I'm going early in previews though.

#364 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postcat123, on 01 March 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

John and Victoria are off tomorrow night(John is there for the matinee though) I can't wait to see my first covers in this show! I imagine it will be Gary Wood as Zach, Marc Leslie as Don and Georgie Ashford as Diana. Bring it on!
I saw Georgie as Diana. I've only been once so far so haven't seen Victoria but I thought Georgie was really good. :)

#365 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postcat123, on 01 March 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Wow. I'm stalls row C for Once and paid £49.50. I'm going early in previews though.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I'm seeing it on Broadway!  Was replying to a post about Broadway ticket prices :)

#366 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Tickets for most things have double in the past 10 years, it isn't just theatre. A weekend festival ticket was about 100, now it's 200.

Though I do wish they would just admit that premier seats are really top price seats. When premium seating started, you would get a programe, a drink etc included, so the price increase wasnt much if you wanted what the ticket came with.

Anyway, I digress. I thikn people, when paying current West End rates, like to see their money on stage more than ever. With a dragon, a revolving stage or a falling chandeliers people believe they are getting their money's worth. It's why Spider-Man is still running on Broadway. A Chorus Line doesn't have the "spectacle" and so appears cheep in comparison, when tickets are the same price.

#367 DonnieSmith

DonnieSmith

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

The fees are a disgrace and most producers hate them -- except those producers who also own the ticketing agencies of course.  In reality, the booking fee as charged to the consumer isn't the end of the story -- most producers absorb a further cost "on the inside" too.  I'm bewildered as to how this has been able to spiral, with options for ticket buying beyond the agencies becoming so limited.  Given the risk and level of work that producers take on, it seems pretty outrageous for a company to sit on top of the process skimming off such huge commissions in such a way.  

Make no mistake; the agencies are making a lot of money.

#368 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well said Firefingers, they can see where their money is going.

Would the hardcore theatrefans pay £65 for a fringe show?   Thats the kind of equivalent thinking you need to have for casual theatre goers. There have been plenty of comments by people on here about how expensive the menier is getting etc and they could see 'a west end show' for that price, well its the same thinking.

With this day of the internet and big theatre owners (Nimax, Delfont etc) setting up their own direct booking systems the ticket agency is becoming less of a requirement.It would be better if all seats went through the Delfont site (for example)

#369 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Still got a couple of lovely seats for Tuesday going spare - row d of dress circle. 40 each (normally 65) - spare from a group booking.

Anyone?

#370 mary0elle

mary0elle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I went to see the show on wednesday. I don't know what happened but the theatre was half empty and I was upgraded to row D in dress circle ( amazing view ) and I payed around 20 pounds for the cheapest tickets in the last row of the upper circle. If this is something that always happens on weekdays you should do the way I did it. Book the cheapest tickets and you will get upgraded. Did anyone of you have the same experience?

I really enjoyed the show but then again yes. It's very clean and stripped down no messing around you have to be on your game cause the spotlight is on you and there is no scenery or costumes to hide behind. I respect each and everyone up on that stage so much!!! And true maybe I wouldn't enjoy it so much if I payed 60 pounds for tickets - the way two people next to me did and they stood up and left the show after first 20 minutes. It is a very different show. It certainly isn't so much in your face as the other current shows. But if you are an mt enthusiast and you really understand musical theatre it should be a treat for you. It is just too bad the show is not booked out all the time. I think the theatre is too big for something so specific it doesn't bring the tourist crowds in. Anyway I'm taking my friend to see it she doesn't know anything about mt has seen shrek matilda and wicked only but I want her to see this and to get educated about musical theatre. It's not all about big sets and costumes and catchy pop music.

Do you guys have any idea about dayseating and when to go in the morning to get the front row? If it's too busy from early on I really might just book the cheapest tickets and hope to get upgraded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users