740 replies to this topic

#381 frightenedrabbit

frightenedrabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postcat123, on 01 March 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

John and Victoria are off tomorrow night(John is there for the matinee though) I can't wait to see my first covers in this show! I imagine it will be Gary Wood as Zach, Marc Leslie as Don and Georgie Ashford as Diana. Bring it on!

I saw Georgie as Diana yesterday, presumably she'll be covering today too. I love Victoria but I was pleasantly surprised with Georgie's portrayal too, they both bring something different to the role.

#382 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Sadly I didn't get out of bed until midday today so I won't be going to the show tonight!! Ah well, next time! (And there will be a next time. And a time after that, and one after that....)

#383 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Just happened to watch the lottery draw on BBC1 and who should be drawing the numbers but John Partridge! So does he do this every Sat night? It is clearly "live"! So is it acceptible for a contracted cast member to something else if something "better" comes along? I would have thought he had had enough TV exposure with Eastenders!

#384 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

I think it is only acceptable if it clearly promotes the show, there was nothing said about A Chorus Line on the lottery this evening so just seemed like he was keeping his profile up whilst he isn't on the tv on a regular basis.

Also gutted i missed Gary as Zach, can't wait to see him in the role soon.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#385 lucyrara

lucyrara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

John Partridge renewed his contract with the BBC to present the lottery before he knew he'd got ACL so he's just fulfilling his work commitments. It's not every week, it just means missing a Saturday evening performance once every 4/5 weeks. It probably gives him the chance to recharge his batteries too. It's not like it's every week so I don't really see the problem. The BBC want him to continue with the lottery and Bob and Baayork want him to do ACL so they've done a compromise which works best for all concerned.

#386 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Recharge his batteries? I know its not the easiest task sitting in the audience but he has the least to do in the entire show and has it much easier than the rest of the cast! As a Gary Watson fan it means i have more opportunity to see him (or not) as Zach.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#387 lucyrara

lucyrara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

He was dancing with a broken toe for the first week and has sustained numerous other injuries but hasn't missed one show until tonight, unlike other members of the cast.

#388 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hold up. Why can't you simply say that John's not missed a show until tonight without implying that other cast members miss every other show?

#389 stargirl90

stargirl90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

I can't see any issue with John doing the lottery, obviously some arrangement has been agreed to by both parties. I'm fairly certain he's the most infrequent lottery presenter out of the current rotation. Missing one show every 4/5 weeks really isn't a big deal, and this is the first show he's missed since the beginning - he's worked through a broken toe and a hamstring injury so far, and possibly other things as well!  He's an extremely hard worker, I know for a fact he never missed a show in his last 2 years of panto (very impressive, considering that in 2011 he did a 90+ show run, including some 3-show days). I don't blame him for wanting to continue with his lottery duties, and I'm glad for him that he's been allowed to do that!

#390 NorthernSpoon

NorthernSpoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

View Poststargirl90, on 03 March 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

I can't see any issue with John doing the lottery, obviously some arrangement has been agreed to by both parties. I'm fairly certain he's the most infrequent lottery presenter out of the current rotation. Missing one show every 4/5 weeks really isn't a big deal, and this is the first show he's missed since the beginning - he's worked through a broken toe and a hamstring injury so far, and possibly other things as well!  He's an extremely hard worker, I know for a fact he never missed a show in his last 2 years of panto (very impressive, considering that in 2011 he did a 90+ show run, including some 3-show days). I don't blame him for wanting to continue with his lottery duties, and I'm glad for him that he's been allowed to do that!

I absolutely agree with this and I also think it's important for the covers to get a chance to play their alternate roles too. Bob Avian is obviously fine with John being allowed time off to present the Lottery so I don't see why it's being turned into a big issue on here. As for having to "recharge his batteries", John is the only 'Zach' to dance all the numbers since the original production so, yes, I think having a Saturday night off once in a while will do him good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users