If I stay awake, it must be good.

#422 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Very interested to find out what portion of those that don't enjoy it actually work in the arts (or wish they did)

I agree with those that say its a bit of an 'insiders' show. I'm not a dancer (although I do take class) but I am an artist, and totally get the desire to do what it takes for your art. Although I don't always, I wish I had the drive to.

As with all shows I love, i can't quite put into words why. It just inspires me.

#423 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

I don't work in the arts and have no desire to but I have several friends who work either on stage or backstage. I totally get the thought behind this show and think it's a fantastic piece of theatre. However, I understand that someone who has no keen interest in the subject itself may find the show odd or dull.

#424 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

But why would you go and see if it the first place if you had no interest in the subject? It would be like me going to watch a football match then complaining because I found it dull.

#425 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Well I am heavily involved in Musical Theatre from a couple of directions and I find this show HEAVY.
In fact I know of some well known performers who turned down the chance to audition.

#426 JennLaFleur

JennLaFleur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Travelling!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I actually have no experience or interest in dancing/theatre at all really, but I still loved the show. I think it has elements that appeal to everyone. Though, while I don't dance or anything myself, I love watching the choreography - I could watch it all all day!

#427 frightenedrabbit

frightenedrabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

From Twitter it looks like Georgie Ashford understudied Maggie for 1 or 2 shows at the start of this week, did anyone see her? I enjoyed her as Diana, and I'm curious about her Maggie. At The Ballet is a big song to tackle with some notes that could go very wrong!

#428 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Saw this and absolutely loved it!  So many touching and delicate stories and I really felt that each character had their own unique journey.  I would recommend trying to sit in the stalls though.  Some of my friends have been in the circle and balcony and the Palladium is just TOO big so you lose the intimacy of those brillmonologues.  When youre in the stalls it feels like theyre saying it right at you.  The director isnt great either but i suppose thats what you get with poor 'star' casting.  overall, a great show and well worth seeing.

#429 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Out of interest what don't you think is 'good' about John Partridge as Zach?

#430 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Does anybody know if Every Little Step is being broadcast anytime soon? I was at the show the last time it was on tv!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users