740 replies to this topic

#431 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I think it's on Netflix (and you can sign up for a month free trial) My friend watched it online I know, I'll ask her where!

#432 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

sky arts show if fairly often, few times a month

#433 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I believe it's all on YouTube...

#434 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostCatqc, on 09 March 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Out of interest what don't you think is 'good' about John Partridge as Zach?

I think he's pretty character-less.  I saw it in previews so maybe he has developed it since then, but when i saw it he was very wooden.  Thought he was concentrating on trying not to be camp but ended up walking very strangely.  Also, didn't really feel like there was any history to the relationship and seemed a bit false.  Maybe he has got better?

#435 NorthernSpoon

NorthernSpoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postyallerybrown, on 10 March 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

I think he's pretty character-less.  I saw it in previews so maybe he has developed it since then, but when i saw it he was very wooden.  Thought he was concentrating on trying not to be camp but ended up walking very strangely.  Also, didn't really feel like there was any history to the relationship and seemed a bit false.  Maybe he has got better?

What a ridiculous comment.

#436 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

any news on peoples opinions of georgie ashfords portrayal of maggie? i loved her morales!

#437 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostNorthernSpoon, on 10 March 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

What a ridiculous comment.

errrr that is my opinion. no need to get all defensive.

#438 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 10 March 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

any news on peoples opinions of georgie ashfords portrayal of maggie? i loved her morales!

I saw her on tuesday as Maggie and she was fab!!!!

#439 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Who is first cover Val?

#440 Mads1607

Mads1607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postyallerybrown, on 10 March 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

I saw it in previews too and I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. I thought John Partridge was brilliant as Zach. I do think that Zach is a character who could easily come across as wooden if not played right, but in my opinion, he was fantastic. You could really hear the emotion in his voice even when he was sitting at the back of the stalls and talking to people who were 100ft and an audience away from him. I'm pretty sure he wasn't hired simply because he's a star, he was hired for his extensive background and talent in musical theatre and acting.

When I first saw A Chorus Line I thought the scenes between Zach and Cassie could maybe do with a little work in general but I saw it again last night and felt that aspect had far improved (the rest was still brilliant, as always) - but I had no doubt it would, as the actors are really settling into their roles now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users