#441 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostMads1607, on 10 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I saw it in previews too and I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. I thought John Partridge was brilliant as Zach. I do think that Zach is a character who could easily come across as wooden if not played right, but in my opinion, he was fantastic. You could really hear the emotion in his voice even when he was sitting at the back of the stalls and talking to people who were 100ft and an audience away from him. I'm pretty sure he wasn't hired simply because he's a star, he was hired for his extensive background and talent in musical theatre and acting.

When I first saw A Chorus Line I thought the scenes between Zach and Cassie could maybe do with a little work in general but I saw it again last night and felt that aspect had far improved (the rest was still brilliant, as always) - but I had no doubt it would, as the actors are really settling into their roles now.

He very well might have got better, but when I saw it he was the worst thing in it.  And it wasnt only me who thought this.  As i said, i saw this in previews.  And that's what previews are for.

#442 Mads1607

Mads1607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

View Postcat123, on 10 March 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Who is first cover Val?

Alice Jane Murray. I think she was cast at the open auditions. :)

View Postyallerybrown, on 10 March 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

He very well might have got better, but when I saw it he was the worst thing in it.  And it wasnt only me who thought this.  As i said, i saw this in previews.  And that's what previews are for.

Well I know I'm not the only one who thinks he makes a fantastic Zach. But I guess that's the beauty of opinions; not everyone has the same one!

#443 stargirl90

stargirl90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I went to see it for the 4th time on Saturday. A couple of covers were on - someone was covering Al (sorry, not great with names!), Harry Francis (Mark - 'gonorrhoea') was covering Mike (the 'I Can Do That' guy - I may have got Mike/Mark the wrong way round, sorry!) and there was someone covering Mark. I wasn't impressed with Al's cover at all, but it's only a small role. Harry Francis was great as Mike, if I hadn't seen it before I would never have guessed that he was understudying. His party trick was a long sequence of pirouettes rather than the backflips, it was very impressive!

Scarlett seemed to be having a bit of an off day, she was screechy (sorry, cant think of a better description!) in the ensemble songs and seemed to be struggling with her breathing...? She may have been ill, I'm not sure.

#444 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Harry usually plays Mark. Mike is the 'I can do that' guy ;) I believe (from twitter) it was Marc Leslie as Al.

#445 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

is there a souviner brochure for this yet?

#446 stargirl90

stargirl90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

View Postcat123, on 11 March 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Harry usually plays Mark. Mike is the 'I can do that' guy ;) I believe (from twitter) it was Marc Leslie as Al.

Oops, I knew I'd get that wrong, thanks for the correction! I can never remember which one is which, I have no idea why. I can only think it's because the names are similar, maybe?

#447 shm1012

shm1012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

What time would you recommend getting to the theater for day seats on a weekday?

#448 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

My friend got there bang on 10 just after press night and we got day seats to the side of front row. I'm not sure if it's got busier lately.

#449 JennLaFleur

JennLaFleur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Travelling!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Saw the show twice again on Saturday and loved it even more than the first time I saw it! The matinee was from row C of the stalls and was probably my favourite, as I could see the emotion and felt closer to the characters as they did their monologues. The evening show was from near the back of the Upper Circle and it had a great view of the overall dancing, I thought.

Titan, there were none that I could see, just the normal programme. Hoping there will be some more merch on sale soon!

#450 Elphie89

Elphie89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I saw both shows on Saturday, matinee sat in the third row of the stalls and evening show sat in the back row of the upper circle, so it was really cool to see the show from two totally different perspectives.
Sat at the front of the stalls you really connect with the emotions, I could literally see the tears in Victoria’s eyes as Diana sang ‘What I did for Love’. I love Cassie and Zach’s scenes, they felt even more powerful and intense sat so close. One of my favourite parts is Paul’s monologue and Gary’s performance is so beautiful, wanted to leap up and give Paul a hug! And the moment where Zach comforts him is so moving.
Then sat at the back of the upper circle got a better perspective of the dance formations and I was basically just in awe of everyone’s dancing! Harry Francis was great as Mike, his dozen or so pirouettes were so impressive!! And Scarlett dancing ‘The Music and the Mirror’ is mesmerising. The finale is awesome too, really using that huge stage to its full advantage, I love that John/Zach is in that final dance too, the talent on stage is amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users