740 replies to this topic

#501 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Too early. Went 2 weekends ago at 11am and got dayseats second row stalls.

#502 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think this weekend I am heading to Oxford st and get into paddington after 8, so I am using it as a guide...

#503 KieranJ

KieranJ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I went last Tuesday and was moved from the cheap £25 seats in the upper circle to the side of stalls, I asked one of the ushers why the upper circle was closed and she said that some weekdays they have to close it, which is such a shame. She also told me that the show is 'definitely' running until 'at least' October, but after that they're not sure.... so the rumours of Hairspray in October could be true.

#504 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was at the Wednesday matinee this week and it was packed, stalls were full, looked like all levels were open. I dayseated and got there at 9.15 and was 7th in line. There must have been about 20 people by 10am. Was certainly surprised after hearing it wasn't selling well.

#505 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

its easter holidays dont forget

#506 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

I went to see this on Wednesday afternoon and was really pleased to get a day seat for £19.50 about half an hour before the show started - I didn't realise they were that cheap and I was really surprised there were still some left then. It was almost at the end of the third row I think, but my view was hardly restricted at all. I could see everyone on the line when they were auditioning, but could only see half of the last person in the finale. I agree with previous posts about how it would be better to sit further back to see their feet, but for that price I was prepared to sacrifice that!

I didn't know anything about the show before I went, other than what I've read on here, but liked the sound of it. I enjoyed it, and thought the music was lovely, but I did think it was a bit long just being the one act. I can see why they do it like that though, and I suppose there isn't really a suitable place to have an interval. I knew the song What I Did For Love but didn't realise it was from this show, I think Victoria sang it brilliantly. We didn't get Scarlett Strallen but her understudy was very good. I'd forgotten Scarlett was supposed to be in it, it was only when I saw the cast photos outside the theatre that I realised we'd missed seeing her.

I was pleased John Partridge was there as I wanted to see him ideally, and I thought he was great. I loved how he interacted with everyone from the auditorium. I also though the start was cleverly done, and them always finding the right spot back on the line. I also liked the finale and how they came on stage one at a time.

ETA - My favourite audition was the first guy, I thought he was fab!
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#507 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

They must have been selling any remaining seats at the dayseat price. Technically the dayseats are only the front row.

#508 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

I think its quite common, i know several people who have day seated and ended up in various seat locations

#509 JME52K

JME52K

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Would you say it's worth risking going to TKTS for a Saturday performance? Lastminute.com have tickets from £22.00 (restricted view) upwards.

#510 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think youd stand a strong chance of getting eithe rday seats or tkts as it seems to be there every day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users