Is this closing in September ?

#512 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I can't wait to see this, not going to get there till late May though, was thinking of booking cheap astminute seats and hoping for an upgrade which seems quite likely if I go in the week! I thought the rumour was that Xfactor Musical was replacing it? But then just read about Hairspray from another user. Do we know anymore?

#513 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

The rumour was the Hairspray tour was going in at the end of the year as a filler before the X Factor musical.

#514 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Saw this again last night - was excellent but I still havent seen Scarlett as Cassie!! I have the worst luck! I've said this before but John Partridge is amazing as Zach..

#515 yallerybrown

yallerybrown

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postwickedgrin, on 15 April 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

The rumour was the Hairspray tour was going in at the end of the year as a filler before the X Factor musical.

The Palladium is far too big for HAIRSPRAY, silly.

#516 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Rumour: Matt Lucas from shooting stars is going to be Edna if the transfer happens.CL at palladium is not extending.

#517 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Chorus line already extended its booking until January so if it closes in september it will be earlier than planned.

#518 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Titan, we all know a booking extension means nothing. Shows often extend, get the money in, then cancel, offer refunds or allow people to come to a remaining date.

I could see Matt Lucas as Edna. Would pull in the punters, and I thought he was great in Les Mis, though don't think he was the most reliable, but he was contracted for 8 shows a week. Funny that you mention him from Shooting Stars showstopper, and not Little Britain, or Les Mis for that matter.

#519 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

though don't think he was the most reliable, but he was contracted for 8 shows a week

I think he fell ill during his run and ended up briefly hospitalised, didn't he? And he had some holiday in there too. You're possibly confusing him with Alfie Boe, who missed an inordinate amount of performances during his limited run.

#520 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 17 April 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Titan, we all know a booking extension means nothing. Shows often extend, get the money in, then cancel, offer refunds or allow people to come to a remaining date.

I could see Matt Lucas as Edna. Would pull in the punters, and I thought he was great in Les Mis, though don't think he was the most reliable, but he was contracted for 8 shows a week. Funny that you mention him from Shooting Stars showstopper, and not Little Britain, or Les Mis for that matter.

Yes I know, I was refering to the 'its not extending' comment ,  the point being it already has extended and at that time the tour was mentioned to start once it ended in January (if it lasts that long).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users