• Please log in to reply
740 replies to this topic

#531 JoC

JoC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Lucy was fantastic when I saw the show last week. Amazing stage presence, dancing and acting. Oh, great voice as well. Haven't seen Scarlett yet, but hope to when I see the show again this summer.

#532 Who'sInTheBand?

Who'sInTheBand?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

View Postcat123, on 21 April 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Scarlett is great. But not in this. I would live to see Lucy in the role. She's second cover though isn't she?

I think Lucy Jane Adcock is 2nd cover, yes. Although it sounds as if she has been on a lot?..

#533 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Anyone know who is covering Zac's role this weekend, heard John is not performing?

#534 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

John Partridge is off all week, as he's doing his Dames n Dudes show at the Hippodrome.

#535 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Also found this on Youtube:

#536 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yes, no problem with John Partridge taking a weeks holiday from ACL. If he chooses to spend his week off working that is up to him. However, I do have more of a problem in that I understand Leigh Zimmerman is guesting on his cabaret evening on Tuesday . So on that night 2 leading actors will be "off". I have said this before and I will say it again, I have no problem with actors taking holidays or being sick, but I do have a problem with actors who are contracted to do 8 shows a week deciding or being allowed not to appear because they have something better to do that night or simply "don't feel like it"! Where is the discipline? If not from the actors - the producers? The cast In some musicals seem to be on a rota!! Frankly if they cannot "hack" 8 shows a week after professional training they should not be in the business.

#537 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

The timing of Partridge's Hippodrome week is very odd, Zimmerman guesting on it even odder. It will all have been approved by producers though.

The cast In some musicals seem to be on a rota!! Frankly if they cannot "hack" 8 shows a week after professional training they should not be in the business

We just had a really long VERY cold period of weather. People get ill. Happens all the time on Broadway, where the winters are notoriously colder and longer. I think it's a little unfair to say they shouldn't be in the business because they'd rather protect their voice than sing through an illness.

#538 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Maybe Zimmerman has taken a day's holiday to guest at Partridge's cabaret, which was presumably arranged ages ago.  If they've got enough cover and the management have ok-d it, then I don't see what there is for anyone to have a problem with.  No-one's ever guaranteed or entitled to see a particular performer...

#539 lucyrara

lucyrara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

John Partridge was contracted to do his shows at the Hippodrome before he signed up to do A Chorus Line. The producers were aware of this. But his shows were originally due to take place in February which the producers didn't want him to do as it would be so soon into ACL's run. So he had to change the dates to April. Every employee at any job is entitled to annual leave and musical theatre is no different. John is entitled to time off from the show and he can use this time however he likes, as can Leigh Zimmerman. I don't think she's skipping tomorrow night simply because she has something better to do! She's just using some of her annual leave quota, which she is more than entitled to.

#540 JME52K

JME52K

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Eight shows a week is asking for trouble for any singer.  Look at Connie Fisher, she did it in Sound Of Music and not only her singing voice but her speaking voice have suffered permanent damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users