740 replies to this topic

#571 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

The two hours flies by.... but make sure you go to the loo beforehand!  The queue afterwards can be looooong.

#572 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Went this afternoon and had 5 understudies on. Genevieve Nicole was on as Sheila for the first time, had Georgie as Diana, Alice Murray a Judy, Harry Francis as mike and Michael steedon as Mark. Genevieve is fast becoming one of my favourite members of the cast, saw her as Val in February and she is just as awesome playing Sheila. The whole cast work so hard, it's great to watch them feedin off each others energy. I can't wait to see this show again!

#573 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

John Partridge is doing panto in Birmingham December - February so if the show lasts out its booking period he will be leaving early (unless his contract was only for the initial booking period)

#574 lucyrara

lucyrara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

He leaves in August, at the end of his 6 month contract.

#575 Princeton

Princeton

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Let's hope they don't put in an inappropriate celebrity the role the way they did in New York when they recast - bringing in Mario Lopez - complete with new costume and very little dancing - mainly because he's been on Dancing with the Stars.  I really don't want to see Harry Judd or Matt Baker as Zach.  JP is good because he's known to the public through his TV work but he is a musical theatre actor at heart. Gary Watson did a great job a few weeks ago so let's hope he's seriously considered for the role - but I fear that they will want someone around whom they can build some PR.   Kimberley Walsh as Cassie and Nancy Dell'Olio as Sheila - let the speculation begin.

#576 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Sir Alex Fergsuson is looking for something to do.
Which way did he go McGill?

#577 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Saw it last night - there were about 4 understudies on but I can't remember who they were at the minute.  Scarlett, John, Victoria and Leigh were all on though.

I wish I could say I loved it, but I didn't.  The score is sublime, but I thought overall the show fell flat.  Scarlett and Victoria were the standouts for me, they were wonderful, but I thought some of the other singing was a bit sub-par.

Maybe my biggest problem is with the show itself though - there are just too many long monologues (or almost monologues) for a show that doesn't have an interval.  And the way they were delivered last night, a few of them dragged and plenty of people were fidgeting or even nodding off.

Upper Circle looked to be closed, and side stalls had quite a few empty seats.  Mixed reactions from people around me in conversations I overheard while walking out too.  I'm glad I saw it, but I'd have been disappointed if I'd paid full price (got front stalls from TKTS).

#578 samsam1985

samsam1985

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

The middle part of the show when they all introduced themselves one by one was PAINFUL. So boring. Surprised if this will last past September...

#579 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Saw this at yesterday's matinee and thought it was really good and a great tribute to Broadway (or, more specifically, musical theatre in general).
I didn't know what to expect, as I only knew the basic plot line and had never listened to the cast recording. I was really glad that I went and the two hours flew quickly. Also liked the monologues as they told the character's stories.

I dayseated and the £19.50 are one of West-End's best deals. Approx. ten people waited when the box office opened at 10am. Stage height was also OK, but I firstly saw said chorus line when leaving.

At the Matinee, Genevieve Nicole was on as Judy, Marc Leslie as Al and Georgie Ashford as Maggie.
Liked the cast, and Scarlett and Victoria were also for me the two stand-outs.
"If you want to get the girl of your dreams, all you gotta do is change your personality beyond recognition and wear lots of tight leather apparel." - Rydell High School, School Motto.

#580 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Does scarlett have any planned time off in the next couple of weeks? Want to catch a midweek matinee but really want to see scarlett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users