There is a special offer for weekends only right up untikl final night

http://www.seeticket...FER/?aff=id1SMT

#672 TheatreDust

TheatreDust

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thanks very much for this link - I've booked!

#673 Mads1607

Mads1607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

I've seen this show a fair few times and I'm gutted it's closing so early. The cast are all so, so talented (especially the understudies, who are the unsung heroes of this musical) and I feel A Chorus Line tells a story that people outside the business very rarely see. Not only that but its mix of raw emotion and incredible thrills always leaves me on a high when I leave the theatre. I'm going to miss it and definitely feel that anyone who hasn't seen it is sorely missing out.

Also really upsetting to hear there'll be no cast recording. This cast deserve to have some sort of momento of their fantastic, albeit fairly short, run. Anyone who hasn't already seen it - go now!! It's one of a kind and a must-see for all musical theatre fans.

#674 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

I cannot get enough of this show right now, I will be seeing it as much as I can before and including closing night. It's a wonderful story and the cast are excellent. I too am a big fan of the covers! Lucy Jane Adcock was a sensational Cassie, she blew me away. Also have been lucky enough to see Georgie Ashford as Diana and Genevieve Nicole as Sheila (and Val and Judy!) and she's just a brilliant performer, so funny and engaging. Of the regular cast, I want to mention Daisy Maywood as Bebe, it's one of the lesser roles but I think she's one of the best people on that stage. And Gary Woods monologue as Paul brings tears to my eyes every time.

I need to stop falling in love with shows that the general public just don't get.

#675 Cronut

Cronut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone know if Scarlett Strallen is leaving the show early or if she is in until the 31st? many thanks in advance

#676 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

She's there until the end. I spoke to Lucy on Saturday and she has no more planned Cassie shows.

#677 Cronut

Cronut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Many thanks for the info cat123  :)

#678 Mathew

Mathew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

I would also like to add how good the covers are - I think Georgie Ashford is great as Diana, and I loved Genevive Nicole as Sheila when I saw her.  I'm sad it is closing so soon too - will be seeing it 3 more times including both shows on the last day!

#679 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Georgie's rendition of What I Did For Love is heartbreaking, I was at her last planned show (she's had a couple more unplanned since!) and she had me sobbing in my seat!

#680 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

ENjoyed it even more 2nd time.  Got Scarlett, but no Leigh.  It was interesting seeing Genevieve, the swing performer playing a 2nd role.  I must have seen about 3-different cast members this time.

I was there last Thursday when there were huge amounts of teenage groups, who I thought would be a rowdy nightmare.  However they were fine - hugely enthusiastic, laughed in all the right places and gave the show a full standing ovation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users