- - - - -

Booking Fees - The Fight-Back Continues!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Minty

Minty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm sure someone will have already pointed this out but I've just had a quick look for Les Mis tickets and last minute.com is selling 'premium dress circle' seats for £103.30! I could not believe my little eyes! At the back end of 2011 I got a seat in the dress circle for £16.50. I think it's a great show but surely no one is paying over 100 quid to see it??

#52 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm trying to make a booking on the ATG site and my ticket which is just £12.50 suddenly becomes twice as much (£23.25) because of booking fees, grrr. £2.85 out of that is a transaction fee, but the rest (£7.90) is unaccounted for... Does anyone know if the fee would be less were I to book over the phone? Thanks!

#53 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 24 April 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'm trying to make a booking on the ATG site and my ticket which is just £12.50 suddenly becomes twice as much (£23.25) because of booking fees, grrr. £2.85 out of that is a transaction fee, but the rest (£7.90) is unaccounted for... Does anyone know if the fee would be less were I to book over the phone? Thanks!

You can try! Personally, I got an ATG theatre card to avoid booking fees and you get stuff like half price tickets to loads of stuff; http://www.atgtickets.com/theatrecard/

It's really the best thing I've ever bought in terms of theatre.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#54 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'm thinking of that too now actually but not sure if:

- It gets rid of all fees (as it lists "most fees" on the site)
- I'll use it enough in a year for it to be worth it (New Wimbledon Theatre is far out of the way for me)
- If I can purchase it now to make use of the ticket offer I found.

Thanks for the reply though, I'll call during my lunch break to enquire :)

#55 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Right, I made the call to ATG and was told that the booking fee is actually £3.90, not the £7.90 I was charged but the ticket wasn't £12.50 as my basket showed but £17.50 because it includes a drink? I'm not interested in a drink and don't want to pay for one was told this was the only option to book it (not to mention £3.90 + £5 difference doesn't add up to £7.90...)

For anyone who needs to know: Booking fees for ATG are exactly the same over the phone as online: £3.90 + £2.85.

#56 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Compulsory drink charges? This is getting beyond ridiculous.

#57 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

It was part of the offer I tried to book, apparently...

#58 Abby

Abby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Regarding the ATG card - are you allowed to give a couple of examples of the productions that have offered half-price tickets?

#59 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I only just got it and the production I was looking at (Ghost at New Wimbledon Theatre) had half price tickets for a whole bunch of the dates.

#60 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostAbby, on 24 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Regarding the ATG card - are you allowed to give a couple of examples of the productions that have offered half-price tickets?

It alters per theatre. There is nearly always a discount though, for example at Milton Keynes theatre, tickets to The Woman in Black was £7.50 off on Monday nights and £5 off on Tuesday evenings and Wed Mat. Cats offers half price on Thursday evning, the Rocky Horror Show half price on Monday evening. We recently saw Hairspray half priced and have booked for Ghost in Milton Keynes later this year at 50% off.

It works out really nicely as for some productions (Especially plays, as tickets for travelling plays are usually around £30-£35 for top price seats), you end up paying just £15-20 for top price seats :) It also abolished booking fees, you get a free ticket exchange meaning you can change ticket dates any time up to 24 hours before a performance begins. It's accepted at 39 venues around the UK including some West End theatres ( Also priority bookings for most things that sell out fast :) If you sign up for West End theatre news, you also get offers for their West End theatres (like half price), but from what I understand they're rare. I haven't been a member long enough to find out how rare though...

Edit: the person previously who said there are no offers at their local ATG theatre are, well, wrong. 99% of productions that come through the two local theatres near me (Aylesbury and Milton Keynes) have discounts. The majority of time it's 50% off.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users