#21 valleymusic

valleymusic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Seriously @ Mar 14 2007, 01:57 PM) View Post
So are we saying you don't have to be such a good actor or singer to be in Wicked....hmmm.....that's bound to get the Spearmint Panto-muggles arguing in their day queue.

Obviously not for Fiyero !  wink.gif

#22 Charlotte

Charlotte

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

So are we saying you don't have to be such a good actor or singer to be in Wicked....hmmm.....that's bound to get the Spearmint Panto-muggles arguing in their day queue.

I think the point we are making is the character of fiyero suits him. Not that fact that he isn't "good" enough to be in anything else. Are you calling the likes of Kerry Ellis etc untalented? I just think that because he has been portrayed in Blue etc he wouldn't suit a more serious role like in Phantom for instance because of the stereotypical views of the audiences. Once you have seen someone in a pop group it is hard for some people to believe them as a serious character.

#23 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

Wow what an amazing generalisation to make! I take it you know all of these 'Spearmint Panto-muggles' personally then, yes?

The role of Fiyero is small enough to allow this 'stunt' casting - so in that way it wouldnt be too awful if he was cast. It would be different if he was a lead role. (Thankfully those roles are female so there's no danger there!) I don't really approve of stunt casting, but this type of character is ideal for the ex boyband kind that teeny boppers would flock to see. He's not actually a bad singer either so I don't see what the problem would be.
Wicked and Les Mis are clearly very different and there is absolutely a difference in what is required vocally from the male leads in both. Marius and Fiyero are obviously extremely different vocally. That is in no way saying that to be in Wicked you don't need to be as talented as you do in Les Mis - it's a completely different type of performance. Or is distinguishing between the two too difficult for you?

I have to say, I could absolutely see Duncan as Billy Flynn, actually think he'd do rather well in Chicago.

You're avatar is grotesque by the way. Is it meant to be amusing?

#24 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

Did he announce anything on the TV show 'Loose Women' this lunchtime?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users