- - - - -

Wicked Day Tickets - Last Few Weeks Before Cast Change...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#1 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:46 AM

Hello hello

I'm turning into a bit of a Wicked regular (while trying to avoid the fangirl tag, being neither teenage nor obsessed... well, not much wink.gif ) - I've dayticketed only once ever. It was last month during term time in the middle of the week. It was a successful and relatively pain free experience, hurrah!

I'm attempting to dayticket on 22nd April, which is now only a few weeks before cast change and close to the Easter holidays so I'm wondering if people could assist me on two matters...

1) When do schools around London go back after the Easter break? I'm assuming its at the beginning of next week (20th April?) as that's when most near me go back... but anyone know for definite?

2) Anyone dayticketed for Wicked very recently... are the queues worse than a few weeks ago as the die hard fans gather to try to see Kerry Ellis as much as possible before she leaves? (I confess that's what I'm doing... albeit in a quieter, more civilised fashion, I hope!)

I arrived at 8.30am last month which was ample... I don't mind getting there earlier, just trying to gauge how much earlier is needed!

Cheers!
x

#2 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:52 AM

Duh, I should have put this in the musicals section, sorry... how do I move it???

#3 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

The thread has now been moved to the Musicals forum.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#4 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

It's been busy these past couple of weeks due to the Easter break but I'd assume straight after the kids go back will be quieter especially if it's mid-week. I don't blame you for wanting to catch Kerry a couple more times before she leaves. She's definitely going out with a bang.

#5 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

Yay... smile.gif

If anyone goes day queuing on Mon 20th or Tues 21st will you let me know what the queue is like?? Cheers!

#6 AvenueQResident

AvenueQResident

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(holler @ Apr 14 2009, 09:11 AM) View Post
Yay... smile.gif

If anyone goes day queuing on Mon 20th or Tues 21st will you let me know what the queue is like?? Cheers!

I'm planning to on the Monday 20th...though unfortunately our bus won't be getting in till 9:30 (it does arrive in Victoria though). Does anyone know what Mondays are like, I understand it won't be the busiest day of the week and the holidays will (thankfully) be over, but I still feel a bit cautious me and my friend will miss out on them. Should we be okay?

#7 scootyscoot4

scootyscoot4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

I will also confess that I went recently to see Kerry and I am going again on 6th May just to see her one last time. And I'm neither a fan-girl (would be a little hard considering my gender) or Wicked obsessive so I worry like Holler about being labelled that when I just want to see her one last time!

#8 scootyscoot4

scootyscoot4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

I will also confess that I went recently to see Kerry and I am going again on 6th May just to see her one last time. And I'm neither a fan-girl (would be a little hard considering my gender) or Wicked obsessive so I worry like Holler about being labelled that when I just want to see her one last time!

#9 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

ohh can anyone who day tickets a Monday post about what it was like. Ive never day ticketed before but im in london on Mon 27th with a mate so we are going to give day ticketing a go. We're also students so can get the next best tickets available for 25 if we miss out on the day tickets so its not vital we get there early but would be a treat to get front row. I cant imagine the queue being big at all, not on a monday.

#10 Guest_Guest_Katie_*_*

Guest_Guest_Katie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

It's not actually that bad...I went Saturday just gone, and Saturdays have always been worse, especially bank holiday weekends in the easter holidays...but there were a couple that turned up at 7.30ish and bought 24 and 25 for the evening show. So that time in the week should be absolutely fine, maybe half an hour or so earlier if you wanted to be sure!

However, be warned that apparently people are camping for 2 weeks for cast change this year, so anyone wanting to avoid that will be going around then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users