- - - - -

Wicked Day Tickets - Last Few Weeks Before Cast Change...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

Do you think it will be easy to get them on the 11th Cast change day, my friend is going into it and doesnt kniw if he gets any tickets free or cheap yet? So was planning just getting them on the morning as i dont want to pay 60.

#12 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

When people say they are camping for a week for cast change do they literally mean they are living on the streets of london like a homeless person for a week! Thats a bit mad, id just save up and pay 60 and buy a good ticket. Seriously if your spending 25 on the ticket anyway plus supplies for sleeping a week rough, and eating from the burger king in victoria station then its nearly 60 anyway! Also arent most of those that day ticket regularly younger, like teenagers, if i was a mum id never let my kid sleep rough for a week id just loan them the money, and im not being all old fogey-ish cause im only 20 myself!

#13 Guest_Guest_Katie_*_*

Guest_Guest_Katie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 14 2009, 03:12 PM) View Post
Do you think it will be easy to get them on the 11th Cast change day, my friend is going into it and doesnt kniw if he gets any tickets free or cheap yet? So was planning just getting them on the morning as i dont want to pay 60.

The cast at the minute get 4 free tickets a month, and then cast rate for as many as they want, which are 25. But they can only get them on the day of the performance and not in advance, so the seats they get depend entirely on how the show is selling!

The queue on that day will probably depend on how many of the crazy people that have camped decide they want to see the new casts first. However, given that most of them are Kerry fangirls, it should probably be OK!

#14 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(AvenueQResident @ Apr 14 2009, 01:39 PM) View Post
I'm planning to on the Monday 20th...though unfortunately our bus won't be getting in till 9:30 (it does arrive in Victoria though). Does anyone know what Mondays are like, I understand it won't be the busiest day of the week and the holidays will (thankfully) be over, but I still feel a bit cautious me and my friend will miss out on them. Should we be okay?

Here's a detailed advice plan about day tickets off a fan site - http://www.wickeduk.co.uk/v2/index.php?id=ecdaytickets - all you need to know!

Mon-Wed is the quietest, getting busier towards the weekend and campers for a Saturday, apparently. (This direct from the lovely and helpful AV box office people)

When I went on a Wednesday, I got there at 8.40am and I was about 7th or 8th in the queue. But bear in mind some of those people were queuing for the matinee. As it got nearer 10, the queue got steadily bigger, and at 10 it was some way down the street, more people than there were day tickets available.

9.30am may be pushing it I'm afraid... but you never know, you might get lucky. Try asking nicely, with a cheeky smile, about student tickets (you only need a YP railcard to get one - if you're 25 or under you could get one before Mon 20th!) and these are best available for 25 - you'd likely be front stalls.

Or else, head over about 6pm just before the box office shuts and try the cheeky smile asking about returns, if you offer 25 you may just get lucky for something near the front of the stalls smile.gif

QUOTE(guest @ Apr 14 2009, 02:16 PM) View Post
ohh can anyone who day tickets a Monday post about what it was like. Ive never day ticketed before but im in london on Mon 27th with a mate so we are going to give day ticketing a go. We're also students so can get the next best tickets available for 25 if we miss out on the day tickets so its not vital we get there early but would be a treat to get front row. I cant imagine the queue being big at all, not on a monday.

See above! You'll likely get a good deal with your student cards smile.gif I reckon a Monday getting there between 8.30am-9am will get you dayseats close to the centre... I'll post back my experiences on Wed 22nd!

QUOTE(scootyscoot4 @ Apr 14 2009, 02:00 PM) View Post
I will also confess that I went recently to see Kerry and I am going again on 6th May just to see her one last time. And I'm neither a fan-girl (would be a little hard considering my gender) or Wicked obsessive so I worry like Holler about being labelled that when I just want to see her one last time!

Ahh... we know ourselves we're not fangirls, we just enjoy the show and think Kerry is a great performer... so who cares what other people think, if they judge us without knowing us, then more fool them!

Wow this was really long. Sorry. I just like to help!

#15 KJW

KJW

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(holler @ Apr 14 2009, 06:11 PM) View Post
ohh can anyone who day tickets a Monday post about what it was like. Ive never day ticketed before but im in london on Mon 27th with a mate so we are going to give day ticketing a go. We're also students so can get the next best tickets available for 25 if we miss out on the day tickets so its not vital we get there early but would be a treat to get front row. I cant imagine the queue being big at all, not on a monday.

See above! You'll likely get a good deal with your student cards smile.gif I reckon a Monday getting there between 8.30am-9am will get you dayseats close to the centre... I'll post back my experiences on Wed 22nd!

You just want to watch the campers on that day! Apparently they're doing 2 weeks, and if they are, they'll be there by then, and they frequently wake up and decide they want to see the show that night, and just happen to be at the front of the queue every day of the week!

#16 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(KJW @ Apr 14 2009, 05:20 PM) View Post
You just want to watch the campers on that day! Apparently they're doing 2 weeks, and if they are, they'll be there by then, and they frequently wake up and decide they want to see the show that night, and just happen to be at the front of the queue every day of the week!

Oh MY. Someone asked above why don't they just buy a ticket... I think there's something about the front row for these fans, they want to be seen by the cast more than they want to see the show. Never mind that even on the row the cast can't hardly see anybody cos of the lights anyway.

I was thinking of student ticketing on 6th May... maybe I'll rethink that! Although I'm tempted to go and meet these diehard fans and see what planet they're on. Where did you find out that they're camping for 2 weeks? What about work.. or school.. or college??

Ah, we could have this discussion forever about the fangirls... they deserve our pity, and that is all.

#17 KJW

KJW

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(holler @ Apr 14 2009, 06:37 PM) View Post
Oh MY. Someone asked above why don't they just buy a ticket... I think there's something about the front row for these fans, they want to be seen by the cast more than they want to see the show. Never mind that even on the row the cast can't hardly see anybody cos of the lights anyway.

I was thinking of student ticketing on 6th May... maybe I'll rethink that! Although I'm tempted to go and meet these diehard fans and see what planet they're on. Where did you find out that they're camping for 2 weeks? What about work.. or school.. or college??

Ah, we could have this discussion forever about the fangirls... they deserve our pity, and that is all.

Unfortunately that is the case now! Buying a ticket would be so much easier, especially with the 20 stalls seats they do now!

Student tickets should be ok, because they have to be off the steps between 10am and when the theatre closes after the show! I day queued the other day and overheard some people talking about it...they were definitely the most interesting fangirls I had ever met! Walked into the theatre, announced that they had seen the show x amount of times, had stage doored 3 times that day already and all the cast knew them...to the complete strangers sat next to them, before they'd even sat down!

#18 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

LOL. Is it bad that I know EXACTLY who you're talking about just from you describing them??

#19 KJW

KJW

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

Haha, no, that doesn't surprise me, they were very very hard to miss! And of course, completely dripping in merchandise, including a home made Kerry Ellis bag...signed...twice, obviously!

#20 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

A homemade Kerry ellis bag??? Yeah, sure the cast know who they are... they have their pictures up inside the stage door with a big red WARNING - AVOID AT ALL COSTS label over the top of it.

The 'scrapbook' being made to give to Kerry (who will hopefully pop it straight in the bin if she has any sense) on her last night is what disturbs me the most.

Ahhh see I love front row Wicked, I love Wicked, I do love Kerry, but I do not want to be associated with such people! They need to find something else to fix their identity on, poor people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users