- - - - -

Wicked Day Tickets - Last Few Weeks Before Cast Change...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#21 KJW

KJW

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yes...a huge bag slung over the shoulder...with 2 pictures printed onto it! There was a couple of lovely people sat on the other side of me who had just been talking quietly to each other, and had obviously seen the show before, and muttered quite a few expletives upon seeing the bag! In the interval they were waving their stage door photos around in the poor first timers faces.

I love Wicked as well, and it will always mean a lot because of the huge amount of people its brought into my life, but the second you say you're a Wicked fan, let alone a Kerry Ellis fan, you get put in a group with loonies like those!

#22 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(KJW @ Apr 14 2009, 06:39 PM) View Post
I love Wicked as well, and it will always mean a lot because of the huge amount of people its brought into my life, but the second you say you're a Wicked fan, let alone a Kerry Ellis fan, you get put in a group with loonies like those!

Quite!!! Same. The temptation to wind the loonies up (as you so aptly describe them biggrin.gif ) is too much to bear... I might try and start a fight by casually mentioning I prefer Idina (I don't, amazing as she is)... or asking them how many times they went to Broadway to see Kerry, perhaps pretending that I moved there for 6 months to go and see her. LOL. Their faces would be a picture.

#23 KJW

KJW

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

Or pop up in one of their forums and tell them you're camping for 3 weeks for cast change, that ought to cause some panic that they might not get the seat they 'own'!

#24 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(KJW @ Apr 14 2009, 07:00 PM) View Post
Or pop up in one of their forums and tell them you're camping for 3 weeks for cast change, that ought to cause some panic that they might not get the seat they 'own'!

Well, actually, I'm leaving now to go camp out for the next 3 and a half weeks, and the time I'm not camping out I'll be chasing Kerry Ellis down the street/following her home/yelling things at her and generally making a nuisance of myself by harrassing her. She knows who I am, see. Otherwise, I shall be making my Kerry Ellis ice sculpture - look out for it outside the AV.

#25 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

I know who you're talking about, does that make me one of them?! I thought I'd say hi last week, give them a chance, but the minute someone started bitching about Andy Mace being a jerk and how they "wouldn't be suprised if he was ASKED to leave at CC" I was like EXCUSE ME?! And got quite angry. Internally I might add, I wouldn't rise to the bait to their faces laugh.gif

There's no way I'm SD'ing cast change. Though I might point and laugh from across the street.

#26 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

Im sorry ive got to ask again- do they actually live rough on the streets of London for weeks! I mean sleep on the street, get up, get food, eat it in there place, sit there all day, then go to sleep again in the same spot for a week!?!? They're mostly kids arent they!?!? Are they seriously living rough for a week!?! Sorry, but i can see people doing it for a night, for a laugh on a big occasion sure, but a week! What the ****!  biggrin.gif

Im sure to a certain extent the cast like chatting to fans and appreciate hearing nice things from fans of the show but i once saw a girl ask Dianne Pilkington for a hug. I was like, 'what the..what?'. I love Dianne Pilkington and Kerry Ellis, i think they're both fantastic but i wouldnt ask them for a hug, how odd is that? They are ultimately people that these fans dont know.

#27 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

I've said before that I'd love to chat to some of the cast, but I don't want to be a pain! I just write instead, it works for me!

#28 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Apr 14 2009, 10:09 PM) View Post
Im sorry ive got to ask again- do they actually live rough on the streets of London for weeks! I mean sleep on the street, get up, get food, eat it in there place, sit there all day, then go to sleep again in the same spot for a week!?!? They're mostly kids arent they!?!? Are they seriously living rough for a week!?! Sorry, but i can see people doing it for a night, for a laugh on a big occasion sure, but a week! What the ****!  biggrin.gif

Im sure to a certain extent the cast like chatting to fans and appreciate hearing nice things from fans of the show but i once saw a girl ask Dianne Pilkington for a hug. I was like, 'what the..what?'. I love Dianne Pilkington and Kerry Ellis, i think they're both fantastic but i wouldnt ask them for a hug, how odd is that? They are ultimately people that these fans dont know.

I don't know but I've heard so much about it that I'm tempted to pop down and see for myself! I might pretend to be from a newspaper, I'm sure they'd lap up the attention!

I've stuck my hand out to shake Simon Cowell's hand when I've met him.. to me that's a sign of meeting someone and it says - pleased to meet you! I think that's ok to do with strangers, even if they are famous, but a hug is what you do with your friends.. no? Maybe that's why the fangirls want one...

#29 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

I generally just grin like a loon and ask politely for a photo/autograph. I'm far to shy to strike up any meaningful kind of conversation, though I wish I wasn't.

#30 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

Yeah i would feel really uncomfortable asking essentially a stranger for a hug. Im aware of one person who has/does take pictures of Kerry Ellis walking down the street to and from the AV. Like actual pictures of the back of her and stuff! lol why would you want that. I have also never gone to the stage door properly but i would love to have a little chat to the cast. I dont go though cause i feel bad asking more from them when their probs knackered from the show. I heard Kerry Ellis said she prefers to meet people before the show, i would consider going to the stage door to maybe catch the cast before a performance on a quiet day such as Mon or Tues, but i just feel tight asking for more on a busy day when they probs just want to head out of a drink or go straight home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users